Monitor problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor problem

Ive set up a Dell inspiron 6000 as a car pc. I was messing with it using both the laptop LCD and the 7" touchscreen. Both monitors were working fine. Ive since taken the monitor out of the laptop. What I boot the computer not I see everything booting up(bios, windows boot up, etc). As soon as windows loads the touchscreen shuts off. I know windows had booted as I can hear the chime. Since I dont have the LCD how to I switch it to get the Touchscreen working? Ive got a USB keyboard with no FN button.

Thanks
    2004 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
    12" Touch Screen
    ASUS P4GV-LA
    and some other odds and ends

The machine is still trying to use the LCD display. You need to be able to re-install the original display then enter the BIOS upon booting up and direct it to use the external VGA header not the internal header. Just an idea...

Comment

My touch screen is working during boot up so im able to get into the bios. Searching through the different options I see nothing about changing display options or header info.
      2004 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
      12" Touch Screen
      ASUS P4GV-LA

Comment

Seems this may be a resolution issue??? I can go into the advanced options menu(f8) and choose the "enable vga mode" then it will boot on into windows. I try to change my resolution and the screen cuts off. If i keep the setting in the vga mode and restart the computer the screen goes off again. Seems the only way i can see windows is if I choose the enable vga mode.
        2004 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
        12" Touch Screen
        ASUS P4GV-LA

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
          Seems this may be a resolution issue??? I can go into the advanced options menu(f8) and choose the "enable vga mode" then it will boot on into windows. I try to change my resolution and the screen cuts off. If i keep the setting in the vga mode and restart the computer the screen goes off again. Seems the only way i can see windows is if I choose the enable vga mode.
          I probally mis-understood your previous post. But what you just mentioned makes things easier. It sounds like a driver issue with windows. Heck it could be you are attempting to use the wrong resolution with the monitor. Who knows, let me know what you get.

Comment

ive fought this thing long enough. I went to a 12" and a regular motherboard. Thanks for your help.

2004 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
            12" Touch Screen
            ASUS P4GV-LA

Comment

From what I can see of the picture your setup looks nice. Sadly, I was unable to embed my display into my dash. But I have a full size hight top conversion van and the display seems to disappear. Keep up the goos work!

Comment

Working...
              X