help needed to diagnose touchscreen problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed to diagnose touchscreen problem

OK, here's the deal. My 7" Lilli monitor works fine, but the touchscreen seems to have given up the ghost. Nothing is obviously broken, I've tried all the USB ports, uninstalled and reinstalled the touchscreen software, and checked and rechecked all the connections and ribbon cables inside. I've done the 5v fan mod and it was working after that. No wires seemed to be loose on either side of the USB controller, the 4-wire flat ribbon wire going to the touchscreen itself seems ok, and I've not done anything at all to the front end of the screen.

Is anyone willing, for a reasonable fee, to diagnose and/or fix it for me? I'm losing patience and want to give it one last shot before chucking it and buying a new one. I also have little time to give it and what I have hasn't seemed to help!

I'm willing to ship it and pay for your time/trouble/expertise.

I've just about wrapped up the carpc prior to installing, and this is the last glitch I needed.

Thanks to anyone who can help. PM, post here, or email me at [email protected]

dd
    2006 Mini S Convertible
    Woodbridge, VA

email sent.

Comment

If you can not get it fixed and are going to chuck it I would like to know if i can have it. Best of luck getting it working, I have no experience with any touchscreens, but I would like to get a non-working one to take apart and check out.

Comment

MotorCity, got the email, arrangements made, thanks a million. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

acollaro, I believe MotorCity will be able to fix it, but I'll let you know, ok? Chances are good that if for whatever reason they can't fix it I would part out what is left working to help recoup some of the cost of buying another one.

Don
        2006 Mini S Convertible
        Woodbridge, VA

Comment

Thanks, best of luck getting it fixed. I understand these things are expensive. The people in this forum are amazing i'm sure everything will work out.Can you post some pics when your done?

Comment

Working...
          X