Resolution Problem Dual Monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution Problem Dual Monitor

Initially i had 1 monitor in my car, now i have added another 19in wide screen for the back seat. My primary monitor is a 7 in running 800x600, and that works great. When selecting Dual monitors in my display settings the 19in wide screen gets the signal, but at 800x600. I want it to be its native resolution 1440x900, while in cloned desktop mode, but it insists on showing 800x600.

if i set my dual monitor up to extend desktop, i can set individual resolution, but my question is what do i need to have to do what i want, cloned desktop with different resolutions. Is it hardware or software, can someone lend an idea.
    PPC-6700 WM 5.0, ProClip, GPS, 1 Diamond TDX 12in woofer, with 1100 watt Memphis Amp...

AIM: Xtentialyst | Email: xtentialyst@nycap.rr.com

Hardware, what video card do you have?

actually, if you're cloning, i don't believe you can have independent resolutions....... I'm using nvidia on my desktop and it isn't possible to change resolution when cloning, only when indpendant.

Comment

Its a Geforce5200FX DVI & VGA outputs. I was afraid that you could not do this when cloning, just hoping someone might have found a workaround or whatever...
      PPC-6700 WM 5.0, ProClip, GPS, 1 Diamond TDX 12in woofer, with 1100 watt Memphis Amp...

Comment

I haven't tried, but I know there are unsupported drivers for ATI cards. These are usually better than what the OEM offers as they are written by the people for the people. I wouldn't be surprised to find nVidia drivers as well. Not sure if they address your particular issue but it's worth a search.

Comment

Are you trying to get both screens to show the same thing but at different resolutions?
          Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

yes profit thats exactly what i'm trying to do...

Comment

not going to work, a clone has to be the same.....
              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
              X