2nd Dead Lilliput

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Dead Lilliput

I am currently using an 8 inch lilliput which was working great. I put it in the closet as I have it fabricated into my center console and I wanted to put the radio back in as I wait for a new motherboard to come in. I just started reinstalling the system and now my lilliput is dead, just like the last one. Very mysterious. The first thing I hooked up was the monitor. I checked the power line and I'm getting a nice 12.8v. Its running through the fuse that came with the monitor and its not blown. One day it was working and it was dead the next.

I'm getting sick of dumping so much money into this project. And now I'm looking at buying a 3rd Lilliput. Unfortunatly since the front of the Lilliput is fabricated into the dash, I have no other choices.

Anyone know if I can use a Xenarc with my Lilliput front?
    --------------------------
    Software Developed:
    DS-ATX Controller Interface
    Laptop Shutdown Controller

Considered Projects:
    TPMS Interface
    Bluetooth Handsfree Interface (WIDCOMM/BROADCOMM)

No.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Your alternator might be going bad, producing stray AC voltage that wrecks havoc on the electrical system. At work is happens alot. You check it with a AC voltmeter. Google it.
      120" Strech Limousine on 40's
      http://www.liftedlimo.com
      Cummins 5.9, tube chassis, 4-links, dana 60's, divored np205, 30 inch travel airbag suspension , POS hydrostatic steering, blah blah blah... I just need to finish it... www.myspace.com/liftedlimo

Comment

I didn't think f this earlier...
        Are you providing regulated power to the Lilliput (via the PC's PSU or the egg-shaped regulator that comes with the Lilliput) or are you drawing directly from the car's 12v?
        If you're not regulating the 12v to the Lilliput (which I don't believe you are), that's likely the reason you keep destroying them.
        How about the Wiki?

Comment

I'm using the fuse (egg thing) that came with the monitor. That should regulate the power. I already have checked the voltage and I'm getting exactly the amount of volatge that is required. Though I have not checked the amperage. I read that maybe I have the smaller ribbon not set correctly, but I've reset the damn thing at least 3 times.

I may just end up getting the transreflective 8 inch lilliput and popping that in the car. As long as I don't mess with it alot, the Lilliputs seem to work.
          Software Developed:

Considered Projects:
          TPMS Interface

Comment

The egg isn't a fuse. It's a power regulator. But you're using it properly, nonetheless.

Sorry your experience has sucked so....
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Yeah, I just called it that cause it has a fuse in it. Anyways, I'll just put the dead one up for sale. Its probably good, just something I'm missing.
              Software Developed:

Considered Projects:
              TPMS Interface

Comment

Working...
              X