Screen outputs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen outputs?

I found this screen in my search for a basic 4 inch screen, but I'm confused by page 6 of the documentation.

What are the 5v, color, brightness, and contrast OUTPUTS for?

Thanks!

Spyderbyte

The 5v is an output, the color, brightness and constrast look like inputs to me. What suggests to you that they are outputs?
    Looks to me like you should use the 5v to drive a bunch of potentiometers to control color, brightness and contrast.
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

On the last page of the documentation (schematic) is everything you need.
      Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
        The 5v is an output, the color, brightness and constrast look like inputs to me. What suggests to you that they are outputs?
        I was thrown off by the 5v output connected to them. I thought it was outputting the three signals at 5v strength.

Originally posted by Rob Withey View Post
        Looks to me like you should use the 5v to drive a bunch of potentiometers to control color, brightness and contrast.
        Looking more carefully, that does seem to be what it suggests. Maybe I'll wire up a small panel underneath the screen.

Originally posted by bbalazs View Post
        On the last page of the documentation (schematic) is everything you need.
        Thanks, I wanted to make sure that was all I needed to wire.

I still haven't heard back from the company on how much this screen costs, but I don't have a very good feeling. Does anyone know of any screens similar to this one that aren't horribly expensive? I keep coming across mentions of this one, but I can't get the link to work in Firefox or Explorer.

I only have 4.5" square to work with, composite input, and I don't need or want speakers.

Thanks!

Spyderbyte

Comment

Working...
        X