No Video?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Video?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I tried searching but it was hard for me to know what the problem was actually called.

But anyway, here's my problem. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop as a carputer. On this laptop there is a VGA out. I have hooked up my Viewsonic desktop monitor to this VGA out and used nView to set the Viewsonic as a "Clone" monitor (Both the Laptop LCD and Viewsonic display the same image). Everything works perfect except when a video is being played. The video will play fine on my Laptop but not on the Viewsonic - it's just a black screen where the video should be. I find this very weird because there aren't any drivers involved with this. If it show up on the LCD, why won't it show up on the Viewsonic? I have a ton of codecs so I know that's not the problem. The monitor isn't the problem either because I have the same problem on my Lilli. Any suggestions?
    1995 AWD Tsi Talon

Intel D945GCLF
    M2-ATX
    2GB Corsair
    30GB OCZ SSD
    BU-353
    Lilliput EBY-701
    Logitech DiNovo Mini
    LSX VOID 3.3

That is just the way that windows does it. There are workarounds, but I forget them right now.

But don't worry, it is not your setup, it's windows.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Anyone?
      1995 AWD Tsi Talon

Intel D945GCLF
      M2-ATX
      2GB Corsair
      30GB OCZ SSD
      BU-353
      Lilliput EBY-701
      Logitech DiNovo Mini
      LSX VOID 3.3