7" EonOn Display any good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7" EonOn Display any good?

I see there are many 7" EonOn for sale on Ebay.
    Are they any good?
    Anyone here which have one in their car?

link?

If it is a VGA screen with USB touchscreen control, then it is probably the same as a lilliput. Otherwise, probably not suitable for the car...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E294-...89872545QQrdZ1

Comment

I would not be happy with a 640x480 resolution.
        For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
        Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
        Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Originally posted by Sharx View Post
          I see there are many 7" EonOn for sale on Ebay.
          Are they any good?
          Anyone here which have one in their car?
          Hi Sharx,

I've recently purchased two rear headrest monitors from Eonon - NOT touchscreens.
          I've detailed some of my experiences in my worklog - specifically post 11 and post 14.

Briefly though, I had a good experience. Their communication has been pretty good. The screens were packed well and shipped quickly. I've only briefly tested my screens, so I can't vouch for their longevity, but Eonon also offerred a warranty which could also be purchased.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Long.1
          Worklog: 2006 Ford Territory Ghia (Melbourne, Australia)
          Mounting Components in Custom Carputer Box
          Attention Aussie's - Say G'day Here

Comment

this looks like retailer
            http://www.eonon.com/D126.htm

this looks like the original mfgr
            http://www.sbo2.com/kr/stand/e0294.htm

firewolf on here says he got one in his worklog maybe send him a pm

Maybe someone will write up a review on this monitor

Comment

Originally posted by DJiK View Post
              I would not be happy with a 640x480 resolution.
              Most eBay auctions list as 640x480 because that is what people know. If you didn't know any better and saw some weird widescreen resolution, you might not buy it.

Most of those screens that say 640x480, are really able to be set at widescreen resolution.
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                Most eBay auctions list as 640x480 because that is what people know. If you didn't know any better and saw some weird widescreen resolution, you might not buy it.

Most of those screens that say 640x480, are really able to be set at widescreen resolution.
                My friend had a TM868 (8" VGA TS, native res.: 640x480) he bought on eBay.
                True, it could convert up to 1024x768, but you couldn't read anything even at 800x600.

Tip: Do not settle for anything below 800x600 for you primary VGA/TS monitor (unless you really know what you're doing).
                For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
                Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
                Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Originally posted by DJiK View Post
                  My friend had a TM868 (8" VGA TS, native res.: 640x480) he bought on eBay.
                  True, it could convert up to 1024x768, but you couldn't read anything even at 800x600.

Tip: Do not settle for anything below 800x600 for you primary VGA/TS monitor (unless you really know what you're doing).
                  Well that is weird.

My Ex-Audio was listed as native 640x480, but it looked fine at 800x600. At 1024x768 it is a little fuzzy in windows, but that is what I am running at now.

If you plan on using a frontend though, I don't think it really matters. Since RR at 1024x768 or at 640x480 are exactly the same physical dimensions on the screen because it is just an image being scaled. Then in the skin file just increase or decrease the font size, and you would never be able to tell.

Comment

I found a Lilliput 8" widescreen on ebay too, but it's a bit wide for the place in my dash where I was going to mount it.
                    http://www.lilliput.cn/889GL-80NP.html

Do any of you have the Lilliput 8" widescreen?
                    Is it possible to trim the sides on the case a little?

I also need the Passat double DIN to move the heater controls down.
                    Do I only need the plastic or must I have the metal frame inside the dash too?
                    I guess I only need the plastic since I'm not mounting a double din cd player.

THIS:

OR THIS:

Comment

search this forum for SUPER or AVATAR. It basicaly exactly the same unit with different name.
                      Also, for the price (total), I would buy one of those Lilliput EBY71 for about 10-15 bucks more (total) and it from a US supplier.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

No! The 7" EonOn is NOT a good idea! I bought one on ebay and it stopped working after less than a week of use. The customer Support is horrible too, even though they claim to have their goal of 100% satisfaction. They are in HK so they reply in email and their USA number to call for help doesn't work either. I have been trying to get my Eonon returned now for over a month and I'm still stuck with a $500 Brick! Worthless! Do NOT wast your time and money like I have. Buy a quality product from a well known brand that accually has customer support.

Comment

My experience with Eonon has also not been good. I bought the double din 7'' touchscreen unit with sat nav. Worked fine for about a week then stopped working. It cost me loads to send it back to them and when they finally received it, they said it was faulty (no surprise there) and would I like a refund (less original postage fees)? I declined and asked them for a replacement item and they told me they no longer sell that item so I asked for an alternative item and again they told me they no longer stock units with GPS which I know is a lie as they currently have almost a hundred items listed on eBay for sale.
                          Having briefly played with the unit before it broke, I would say don't bother with their stuff. It is cheap Chinese tat, the menu systems are dreadful and it wasn't worth the money, particularly when it breaks and you have all the drama of dealing with their customer service department and don't get back the large postage amount you have to pay...!

Comment

is not worth your money. Their products are problematic, worst of all, the service is horrible. I got my E015 - 1st issue was touchscreen. Got replaced ( i paid shipping and installation again) the LCD panel has no light. (again sent out and paid the same cost as the first) in just 4 days, the LCD is sayonara, caput, all you see is grayish screen. Then the solution was to re-send the whole unit - enough is enough!

Comment

Eonon makes so, so screens. I bought a 15.4 VGA flip down screen from them and the resolution it accepts is $hi++y. I think I had to adjust my graphics card to 50hz in order for it to come in crystal clear. Otherwise if you don't you see weird blotches all over the screen. Thats my only issue with it. Worked on high resolutions perfect. Not sure on the 7" screen though, but I have to assume all Eonon screens have that weird resolution requirement.

My Eonon 10.2 rear view screen is awesome. Has a nice reflective glass so when the screen is off you can use it as a normal rear mirror. My only issue with that is that the manual was in Chinese and when i went to hook up the auto reverse wire I assumed the wire went to the 12V side of the bulb and it turns out it goes on the ground side of the bulb. By reversing the polarity i burned out the auto switching chip.
                              Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                              4X MK808b
                              3x Perixx Touchpads
                              3x 7 inch Screens
                              1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                              1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                              X