Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput touch screen problem - I know, but have read every post there is on it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput touch screen problem - I know, but have read every post there is on it.

As you guessed Lilliput 7" TS not functioning properly. I took it apart to complete the fabrication and now the fun has begun. I have installed the latest drivers and remove screen from housing so sure it is not drivers or something jabbing the screen.

I have checked over all connectors etc. and was ultra careful taking it all aparat. Now when I press the screen, the cursor randomly shoots to the edge of the screen. Somethimes bottom left, sometimes top or bottom right. I examined the panel for scratches and cracks but could see nothing although I will take another look.

I read a post where someone resoldered the ribon cable coming off the TS, cannot see how this is possible on mine as it is all moulded together. I debated trying to resolder the female side of the removable connector that sits on the end of the ribbon cable to ensure a good connection.

I have mailed the UK supplier to see if they can be supply a replacement panel, but fear they may be about as much use and another hole in my a$$.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Car PC install pictures coming soon:

A.C. AutoLec - http://www.acautolec.co.uk

Try backing out the screws holding the LCD to the bezel. You screw them too tight
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Quick update - acutally, not quick, quite long

As mentioned in my original post, I have taken the screen right out the bezel to rull out screws too tight or bezel touching the screen.

I took another look at the screen at lunch, and can see nothing in the way of damage to the panel. As I mentioned, I was extreamly careful with the screen, so either it has failed prematurely, or there is a faulty connection somewhere.

I am guessing this is going to be the screen side of the controller as the PC is detecting screen touches, just not in the right place. So I think I need to look for a faulty connection there. I checked the ribbon cable connector on the other end to the TS and that is not soldered and appears to be crimped on. This connects to another flat cable, not ribbon, that attaches to the control board. This is soldered, but all connectios appear to be good. I will resolder incase of a dry joint, but seems unlikely.

At the moment all I have is:

1. Resolder joints to controller
      2. Try to solder crimped connector to ribbon to ensure contact
      3. Test resistence accross controller pins to see what happens when screen is pressed
      4. Purchase a touch panel
      5. cut my losses and buy a screen with a better rep

Option 5 is not so appealing unless a different 7" screen will fit in my beautiful fabricated bezelqu

Comment

Recallibrate?
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post
          Recallibrate?
          Have done many many times. The continual beeping from recalibrating was driving me nuts last night!

Comment

Fixed it

I managed to fix this, turns out it was poor connections on the ribbon cable to the connector... some delicate soldering and I was dancing round my office with glee!

Cheers.

Comment

I have to ask, why are you guys taking lilliputs apart to make car pc displays?

it's not like your building an lcd projector where you need to remove the backlight.

the lilliputs as they are don't fit in a double dinn?

Comment

Speaking for myself, becuase I wanted to do some custom fabrication so that my screen looks part of my dash rather than something that has been added on as an after thought.

I will post pictures of my project shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by 4ddm View Post
                  I managed to fix this, turns out it was poor connections on the ribbon cable to the connector... some delicate soldering and I was dancing round my office with glee!

Cheers.
                  I know this is old news and I apologize, but i'm ready to tear my hair out. I bought a used carputer setup from someone who was having problems with the touch screen not responding to touch. I replaced the touch panel itself and it was working great. Now after a few weeks its not working again. I take it apart and i noticed wiggling the 4 pin ribbon makes it work, and that some of those wires are incompletely soldered to the board, so i take that apart and resolder those wires back on. I make sure I get a good solder on there. And the screen works good again! THen a few weeks later, same problem!! Wtf!? I take it apart and my wires are still soldered on just fine, yet wiggling that ribbon still seems to aggravate / fix the problem. So what am I supposed to do now? Maybe the wires inside that ribbon are broken? Where the heck would i find something like that? Is it time to just break down and buy a newer screen? It would anger me to know Im spending $200+ just because of some stupid little wires!

Comment

Working...
                  X