No announcement yet.

What is that second display on M10000?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is that second display on M10000?

After installing the video driver it shows me TWO displays at the display properties/settings. The first one is active. As I enable the second, it shows me just the background (I suppose it sets the primary display to that second one). When the TV and VGA are active, it shows on both.
    It does this under XP and W98 also.

What is the purpose of that second display??? Or in other words: where is the primary display after enabling the second one??
    As far as I know, m10000's s3 video does not support alone two displays...

When I apply a PCI card, it shows me as third display and the same thing happens...
    Alopecia perniciosa

Is your board LVDS enabled? The S3 drivers already have multiple monitor support, so if you run an LCD panel off LVDS, or an add on PCI card you will see the second "monitor" light up in the video program.

No, it is just LVDS ready (has a connector on the mainboard, but there is no LVDS chip and connector - one has to purchase as an additional card).
      Alopecia perniciosa

Right, as I said it is LVDS enabled. Some Epia boards don't have the connector for the add on LVDS cards. Since your does have the connector, the BIOS is already set up for LVDS modules. That is why your S3 video drivers automatically installed the multi monitor support.

Thank you for your fast response.

Does it mean that I have two, FULLY FUNCTIONAL and INDEPENDENT display output on my mobo???

I have experience about connecting TTL RGB displays, and because the LVDS is nothing else, than compressed ttl rgb, the original signals must be outleaded at that mobo connector, so I will check it soon!

Thank you again.
          Alopecia perniciosa

2 fully functional, yes. 2 independent, well sort of. They will only operate in clone or extended desktop modes.