Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a touch screen LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Buying a touch screen LCD

    I dont know much about touch screens. so wanna buy touch screen lcd for bellow $100. Is it possible. If it is possible where can i buy one.
    Pasan...

  • #2
    Originally posted by pasan View Post
    I dont know much about touch screens. so wanna buy touch screen lcd for bellow $100. Is it possible. If it is possible where can i buy one.
    No. Under 100 is not possible. $200 is the baseline for NEW.

    Used go for about $150
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

    Comment


    • #3
      Or buy a non-TS for 50 and an overlay for about 50-60 or something.
      Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

      'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

      CarPC: none at the moment
      CLARION HX-D2
      CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
      CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
      CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by IC-C30 View Post
        Or buy a non-TS for 50 and an overlay for about 50-60 or something.
        Non-TS, with non-VGA input can be had for about $50-$80. Then the touchoverlay is $40. Then the touch controller is $50. So you are back up to $150 for a non-VGA touchscreen.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

        Comment


        • #5
          oooh yeah, forgot the controller..... woops.
          Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

          'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

          CarPC: none at the moment
          CLARION HX-D2
          CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
          CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
          CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
            Non-TS, with non-VGA input can be had for about $50-$80. Then the touchoverlay is $40. Then the touch controller is $50. So you are back up to $150 for a non-VGA touchscreen.
            Hey what is that touch overlay thing.
            Pasan...

            Comment


            • #7
              If you are not in a hurry to get one, just like anything else you will come upon a deal at the price you are willing to pay. I would definitely suggest a model witha vga input though. I have been running one with a composite input for several years and I just got a Xenarc TS to replace it for better resolution and of course the TS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pasan View Post
                Hey what is that touch overlay thing.
                The touch overlay is the actual touchscreen part. It is 2 sheets of clear hard material (similar to glass, but not) with wires running the perimeter. This is what goes over (or overlays) the LCD itself, so that the screen becomes touchscreen.
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                  The touch overlay is the actual touchscreen part. It is 2 sheets of clear hard material (similar to glass, but not) with wires running the perimeter. This is what goes over (or overlays) the LCD itself, so that the screen becomes touchscreen.
                  Thank u for the info
                  Pasan...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X