• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best route for dual screen 2nd graphic card or LVDS

hello,
    i want to run dual touch screen for my setup
    i have a via EN mobo, which have a LVDS expansion port

can i order a DVI or VGA LVDS expansion card and have the ability to run dual screen?

if so which LVDS card will work? i look up the VIA website
    "1 LVDS/TTL/DVI module connector (an add-on card is required)"

VIA LVDS-07G 24-Bit or a 18-bit card
    will that work with liliput screens?

I see a DVI expansion card that use the LVDS port but doesn't see where it say for EN series mobo.

or i have to get a pci raiser card for a 2nd graphic card with dual screen output?

i'm really hoping for the first route

please help this is the only problem so far with my setup.
    thanks

The LVDS port supports 3 different types of add on cards.
    RGB, LVDS and DVI.
    The first 2 are for driving LCD panels directly, the 3rd is for use with a DVI input monitor.
    None of the 3 will run a Lilliput monitor. THey are ment for custom display type setups.

This is the DVI card: Logic Supply - VIA DVI Module & Cable for VIA EPIA EN
    and is for a monitor with DVI input.

This one is for 18 bit LVDS LCD panels:
    Logic Supply - VIA LVDS-07 Module for VIA EPIA Mainboards

This one is for 24 bit LVDS panels:
    Logic Supply - VIA LVDS-07 Module for VIA EPIA Mainboards

The 2 LVDS add on cards let you connect a custom made cable to an LVDS type LCD panel. This can be a great feature if you have an LVDS LCD panel, and just want to buy the add on card ad have a custom cable made, or if you want to use a specific LCD panel for a custom application, or as you indicated, dual screen. But, if you use the LVDS port, with either the LVDS or DVI cards, you can only run the displays as Extended Desktop, or Clone modes. They will not act as independent seperate displays. You can use the LVDS port alone though, as the VGA port does not have to be used in order for the LVDS to work.

Comment

"This is the DVI card: Logic Supply - VIA DVI Module & Cable for VIA EPIA EN
      and is for a monitor with DVI input."

so with that add on card and that cable all i need is a lcd panel that support DVI
      connection ? i'm fine with extended desktop.

Comment

so with that setup with the addon card and the cable, it should be fine as long as i can find a monitor that support DVI connection? or couldn't i find a VGA to DVI converter?
        i'm fine with extended desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by 3square View Post
          hello,
          i want to run dual touch screen for my setup
          i have a via EN mobo, which have a LVDS expansion port

can i order a DVI or VGA LVDS expansion card and have the ability to run dual screen?

i'm really hoping for the first route

please help this is the only problem so far with my setup.
          thanks
          Just get a DVI to VGA adaptor ($5)...
          There's no difference in brightness but there is a crispness and sharpness loss from DVI to VGA. But we're in a car, so who cares? And if you have a Lilliput youre not paying for high quality. If you want quality get a ELO or a Norul monitor, they have native DVI support with 12V input.
          Touch Screen Monitors : 15 " LCD Touchscreen Monitor - NuRolPOS G15
          08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

Originally posted by 3square View Post

so with that setup with the addon card and the cable, it should be fine as long as i can find a monitor that support DVI connection? or couldn't i find a VGA to DVI converter?
            i'm fine with extended desktop.

You can try it, but not all DVI out cards will work if you use a DVI to VGA adapter.
            If you are going to use a DVI monitor anyway, I guess it wouldn't hurt to spend a few extra $$ to buy the adapter and give it the ol' college try.

Comment

hi thanks for the response.
              just to clarify before i order the part

the LVDS addon card mentioned above does work but i will need the DVI-VGA converter.

or perhaps i saw there was a LVDS add on that give you a VGA connector, but wasn't for the EN series. anything about that?

Comment

If it is not specifically for the EN board, it will not work.

Comment

Working...
                X