Hi, newbee and i have a Question :D lol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, newbee and i have a Question :D lol

Hi all, new here, from the UK, 1st post Howdi!

basically i am building a Carputer for my Mr2 Turbo, to use for watching DVD's, wireless, music and hopefully data logging / map adjustment of my cars ECU ignition/fuel system.

Anyways.. hopefully this is a simple question i am about to ask, as many of you have much much experience with carputers..

right, my question is.. I need a 8" touch screen, with auto-on feature and sharp screen resolution, that has the usuall pc inputs, but also a input for an xbox/playstation..

i have used the search but not found any results.. TBH, i have no idea where to start looking!! i intend to remove any surround / buttons and mould the screen into my double din slot.

also i do not know whether i need a windscreen or normal screen??
    my max dimensions for the screen its self, to fit in my double din are : 120mm x 192mm -that gives me about 5mm each side to smooth it in and 2 mm top and bottom... before i have to start cutting away at things! i would imagine its obv that its going to be a widescreen??

soo based on these details, could someone point me in the direction of my ideal Screen

thanx for the help!

Originally posted by 1RyanRs View Post
    right, my question is.. I need a 8" touch screen, with auto-on feature and sharp screen resolution, that has the usuall pc inputs, but also a input for an xbox/playstation..

i have used the search but not found any results.. TBH, i have no idea where to start looking!! i intend to remove any surround / buttons and mould the screen into my double din slot.
    Here's a good starting point: Mp3Car.com Custom car computers and parts!

also i do not know whether i need a windscreen or normal screen??
    It's a matter of personal preference.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i have a dynamix 8" that has a sharp resolution, tview rebranded, that has the auto on feature as well as two rca inputs and a vga, its a pretty solid screen and is also a bright screen.

Comment

Working...
      X