Motorized Lilli BIg Trouble Need Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorized Lilli BIg Trouble Need Help

My motorized lilliput seemed to work great all through bench test. Today was the day it was to get installed. Once in the car, I powered it up and it worked great 5-6 times. After that, the screen wont move or moves very slow then stops then it beeps after a little bit. I guess indicating a problem. What is going on? DId the motor fail? Or is this such a common failure that this is worth getting rid of and getting a new screen?
    Please help and thanks in advance
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

IF anyone has any ideas please help
    Or if there is a way to use the screen outside of the actual head unit this would be great to.
    Thanks in advance

Comment

it's getting stuck, which is why it beeps at you.

make sure the travel path of the screen, gears and tracks is free of any dirt

Comment

Done that, I actually removed the screen completely now and still Motors dont move and I get some beeps.

Comment

mine didn't beep that i remember, but it did something similar. mine would come all the way out, but when it tried to go up, it would start clicking and not go the whole way up. the gear that controlled the angle the display was at cracked in mine, i've been looking around for a replacement for about 2 months now, i just ordered one i hope will fit, and if not i'm goin to try and make a silicone mold of the original and then make it out of epoxy.

good luck with yours.

Comment

Mine definitely has an issue, I found no broken parts in it when I took it apart. what might have happened is that the gear may have slipped, And the screen was cocked in the track causing it to get stuck. Then I pulled it completely out and interrupted the movement routine. SO now the whole movement and positioning sequence is screwed up creating an error that probably has to be reset some how.
            I just dont know how to do it.

Comment

ooooooo, you may have done what I did and broke the STOP trigger switch now.

Comment

I checked that out too. Seems to be fine.

Comment

Finally found my problem, after contemplating ordering a new screen. I decided to give it one last check. I found that I have a bad motor for retracting and ejecting the screen. I get 7.5 volts all the way to the motor. After that, motor dead.
                  Now to find a replacement motor... HMMMM not easy.

Comment

Ok armen had one for me. I will more than likely pick this up and sell the repaired lilliput. If interested in a repaired lilliput let me know.

Comment

thats funny...
                      Setup:
                      Dynaudio 240GT
                      PPI PC4100, PPI PC2350
                      Zapco DSP6
                      ADS DAC
                      Testing new board (Albatron KI690-AM2)

"I dont know if complaints were filed, or mistakes were made, but feelings were hurt." -Krystal Washington

Comment

It is a motorized touchscreen lilliput with TV tuner. I will be Selling it for $100.00 when repaired. How can you go wrong with that. I just want to recover some of the $300.00 I paid for this damn thing.

Comment

There were gear problems with a whole batch of those lilli's. You might have gotten part of that bad batch.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
                            It is a motorized touchscreen lilliput with TV tuner. I will be Selling it for $100.00 when repaired. How can you go wrong with that. I just want to recover some of the $300.00 I paid for this damn thing.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I'd be very interested in purchasing it once repaired. Any ETA on this, and could you please give the specs of the lilliput model? Also pm'd you

Comment

Working...
                            X