Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructing a LCD Touch Screen

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of something to do with my old computer and found a link to mp3car, and then I knew what I had to do.

Right now I have everything I need except a PSU and a Touch Screen to control the whole thing.

I found where I can get a LCD for $9. Here are the specs.

Manufacturer Goldstar
    Type no. LCA4VE02A
    Display Technology TFT COLOR
    Size 10.4"
    Format 640x480
    Color (bits) 20
    Cd/m2 100
    Volt 5

I thought this was a good deal, but then I realized there was no inverter or controller with it. So, I searched around this forum and found some discouraging stories...and sadly the other parts were a little more than $9

So...there was a question here somewhere...ah yes, should I pass on this and just buy a complete unit? What about the other one in that thread, I believe it's not back lit, but is that easily managable?

Sorry for my required "n00b" post, but I figured I'd talk to some people that knew what was going on
    A computer...in a car?!? This isn't the Jetsons!

Hey man. Welcome. Coming over from bit, I would've thought you wouldn't be adverse to a little hacking. That's probably going to be involved on this.

The one lcdman16 listed doesn't have a controller either, I'll bet.

I'd have to say, it seems a good deal. To find a controller with a hirose connector shouldn't be a massive issue. Poke around here, ebay and www.earthlcd.com

The backlight invertors can be had separatly too.
    Pro web developer looking to take on a web site for free.

Get in touch if you're interested in having some work done.

Comment

Oh I'm always up for a little hacking. The dremel has been getting little dusty anyway

I thought it was a good deal, but I'm pretty much an electronics n00b, but if I can get/find good instructions I should be okay.

Thanks for the tips

Comment

rofl @ dusty dremel.

I'm always in IRC m8. #blagged-hardware on quakenet if I can help with anything else.

Drop in any time
        Pro web developer looking to take on a web site for free.

Get in touch if you're interested in having some work done.

Comment

sweet man, I'll probably have to take you up on that once I get to putting this together

Comment

Working...
          X