Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!!!!!!!!!!

So I get my hirose cable (thanks again steve, you the man) and the first thing I did was cut it in half! I hooked up my sharp LQ104V1DG11 18 bit 10.4" display with my new hirose connector and BAM, It works like a charm... I bought this screen off ebay like 8 months ago for $20 bucks and I finally got it working...

So, for a grand total of about 80 bucks (20 for the screen, 30 for the cable, 20 for the SBC and 10 for the inverter), I have a nice looking carputer setup for my van...

Anyone have a touch overlay for a 10" screen kicking around?

Its hard to discribe how sweet it feels after tons and tons of research to finally get something to work properly!!!

http://groups.msn.com/mikeinsanmarco...to&PhotoID=302
    1999 voyager pontoon boat
    (soon to be computerized)

I know how you feel. When I got mine working I was jumping around the room!

Congrats for getting a sbc and lcd working together.
    www.arbybean.com

Comment

Thanks arby, I expected the LCD guru to know what I was feeling!! Actually, I now have a new problem... I cant seem to get the color right :-(

I can only select 16 bit color in windows and it makes some blues look red... I am trying to find an adapter setting that will allow me to enable 18 bit color!

But I am still completely amazed that it works at all!

Comment

Hey...how are u going to mount this thing? I got one but it doesn't fit in my Datalux enclosure

Comment

I have no idea yet... I am really not sure but I will probably build a new console for my van and stick it right in the middle in a swivel mount so it can swing from side to side!

But first I have to figure out how to get 18 bit color selected in windows!

Comment

Set it to 24 or 32 bit, should be fine. That's what I do.

As for the colors being wrong, maybe you have a signal line switched or something?
            www.arbybean.com

Comment

Yah, that could be it... I will double check my connections tonight!

Comment

Re: Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mikeinsanmarcos
                So I get my hirose cable (thanks again steve, you the man) and the first thing I did was cut it in half! I hooked up my sharp LQ104V1DG11 18 bit 10.4" display with my new hirose connector and BAM, It works like a charm... I bought this screen off ebay like 8 months ago for $20 bucks and I finally got it working...

So, for a grand total of about 80 bucks (20 for the screen, 30 for the cable, 20 for the SBC and 10 for the inverter), I have a nice looking carputer setup for my van...

Its hard to discribe how sweet it feels after tons and tons of research to finally get something to work properly!!!

Question.
                I noticed you were using the GameVue screen and was able to see the POST and BIOS settings with it.
                You didn't appear to be using the VIA EDEN/EPIA Board, so I was curious what you used to allow seeing those POST screens versus only seeing it when windows boots...

Thanks...

-Mario

Comment

I was using it with both an external scan converter and an old ATI Rage Fury with video out... I am pretty sure the pics I took was when I was using the scan converter but the rage auto detects if the tv out is being used and will display bios info too..

Comment

Re: Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mikeinsanmarcos

Actually, I do have a 10.4 touchscreen and controller (ELO Intellitouch). Email me if you're interested.

Tom
                    1993 Probe GT
                    Rio Car w/20gb

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinsanmarcos View Post

I am curious as to what components exactly where used? like in detail, it sounds like you found a cost effective way to do this.

Comment

Dude, that was 6 years ago!

Comment

Working...
                        X