D.I.Y. Sunlight Readable Xenarc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.I.Y. Sunlight Readable Xenarc

I was looking at the post nameeri made about the Transflective upgrade here and noticed one of his posts said this......"Here is a shot of the screen without sun. the contrast is super enhanced as you can tell from the pic. I took this in my Garage." So I thought to myself, "I wonder if my screen has brightness options." For the last year I had been ****ed off with not being able to see **** on my Xenarc during the day and haven't bothered using the remote for anything because the IR receiver for the remote was hanging behind the dash somewhere. Well I've spent all week getting my car ready for the shows this summer which meant I had to pull the screen from the dash and reposition it so I moved the IR receiver for the remote up into the vent where I could point the remote into the vent and use it. Today I checked the menu for the screen using the remote and guess what I found.....BRIGHTNESS LEVELS! I know, it's a no brainer, but I honestly didn't even think of checking for it. It was on 27 as a default setting which is why I couldn't see **** so I put it up to 99 and WOW! I can see it now in the daytime as well as I could see it before in the nighttime, it's amazing. I have no trouble seeing anything on the screen on a bright sunny day, I should have done this a year ago. And also, before I had a lot of troubles playing videos because the dash points towards the ceiling and I couldn't see a lot of the colours at that angle. This fixes that 80% as well. So if you're having trouble seeing your screen, you might have tried it already, but take a look at the brightness settings in your screen menu!
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

cant just you hit the up button too and it makes it brighter...

Comment

cant just you hit the up button too and it makes it brighter...
      crap i hit it twice sorry

Comment

I cut the buttons off the screen to make it fit in the dash. So the remote is all I have.
        Ampie Case
        256 MB DDR2 PC5400
        M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Yeah I know that helps. Its funny I just figured this out this past friday and ive only had my screen actually in my car for a little over two weeks. It sucks that it took you like a year to try this, but at least you got it.
          2003 Infiniti G35

Comment

D.I.Y sunlight readable??
            I guess this post is a joke

Comment

hey, theres another little know trick that you can do if the music is too low when driving on the highway, theres a volume control!! this will allow you to actually raise the volume... who ever hasn't tried this should look for it, it does help & you will be able to hear the music even with the window open!!

sorry man, just pickin on ya', glad to see your happy with it, must feel like you got a new screen!! good luck with it
              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

D.I.Y. gps software -> go grab a paper map

Comment

Originally posted by cederron View Post
                  D.I.Y. gps software -> go grab a paper map

Comment

I had the brightness at 99 and it still didnt help. You will soon see that when sun hits the touchscreen, all you see is a white screen. Its not the monitor, just that crappy touchscreen that really sucks!
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    Civiputer: Dont have one anymore, but here is what is used to be!

Comment

Ya, sunlight directly on it is still crap, your screen is much better there. But I'm just happy it's visible now during the day.
                      Ampie Case
                      256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                      M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

DIY MP3 player -> sing your heart out buddy

Comment

Funny. But here are some pictures. It was cloudy but still fairly bright.

Ampie Case
                          256 MB DDR2 PC5400
                          M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

The title of this thread should be changed because it's really misleading. How is this a DIY Sunlight Readable Xenarc? It took me 10 minutes to figure out the brightness controls on the screen. Not trying to pick on you but think about naming your thread something more accurate than what it is. Something like, "I found the brightness controls on my monitor"
                            Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

"Don't speak about it, be about it"

Comment

Working...
                            X