Touch Screens in CANADA???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Screens in CANADA???

I have searched the forums and cannot find any answers so here's the question.

Does anyone know where in Ontario-Canada I can get a 7 " touch screen monitor??? If I have to i will resort to getting it from the states, but i would rather not pay Shipping and Duty and such if i don't have too...

I live in canada as well. Just some advice on dealing with US and customs - whenever possible ship US post office. You pay FAR less in customs and fees. UPS is terrible for customs, fedex is Ok. But I LOVE US Post office. And the beauty of US Post office is a lot of the packages I have recieved have gone through Purolator.

Comment

ya... i had to purchase mine from the US, and my buddy ordered his from some guy in china off ebay.
      Blaz3 [|||||||||-] 88%

Comment

http://www.avdeals.ca/xenarclcdmain.htm

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index...737&cid=CS.220

try these two there is another local site, but i cant remember right now..the one from canadacomputer looks like the one i got from digitalww.com for 500usd...

Comment

When I bought my 7" Xenarc, I scoured the internet looking for a vendor within Canada for the same reason as you, to avoid UPS brokerage fees. I finally found a place in Ontario, I don't remember the name. They were more expensive than buying direct from the US, but I ordered from them anyway to avoid the brokerage fees. Well, guess what, they ended up having drop-shipped to me from the US by none other than UPS. So, not only did I pay more for the screen but I also had to pay the extra $50 brokerage fee to UPS. I was not happy. I would have been better off just to find a US seller who would ship to Canada via USPS, because they do not charge any brokerage fee.

Comment

You know, mp3car was good to me when I had stuff shipped to Canada. I got a power supply, streetdeck, etc and the total for the order was around $500 US. Did the USPost office deal and I think the customs and all that came to around $22.

Comment

Okay thanks for all the advice, looks like I'm getting it from the US...

Comment

I had mp3car ship mine to the thelettercarrier.com and just drove across and picked it up. So that's another option if you're close enough to the border, and the best way when dealing with a vendor that will only ship UPS. Of course thelettercarrier's won't apply, but I'm sure there's an equivalent service available in your area.

Comment

www.gnetcanada.com

Comment

Working...
                  X