Weird Lilliput eby-701 problem! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Lilliput eby-701 problem! Help!

Ok. So i had this Lilliput lcd touchscreen for about a month. I set up the carpc in the house all this time. The Lilliput worked perfect never really had any problems. Now today, I installed the carpc in my car and I have +12 and ground wire coming off a molex connector from the m2atx to power my Lilliput. Everything is working well. The screen turns on, I see the bios, then the windows xp loading screen, then usually it would switch to the welcome screen but instead the Lilliput just blanks out and said it's not receiving any input. I tried restarting the carpc many times. Same thing every time. I see the bios, then the windows startup, then boom No input!

This leads me to believe it's something to do with the drivers. It's strange because it worked just fine in the house and when its in the car , it shows the bios and startup screen just fine so it cant be the powering.

Anyone had this problem before? This is driving me nuts.

Any help is appreciated. TIA

yup. One of my first threads.

Hook up a regular monitor to your computer and change the output resolution to something other than what it is at now.

Probably 800x600 right? Change to 640x480 or 1024x768 and that should fix it.

It drove me crazy for a while.

I will find my thread and post a link. Man that sucks. Although in a slight way I am happier that I am not the only one.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...io-ts-lcd.html
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Toaster is right one the money. Same problem with my eby 701 whe I got it. But I would hit the auto adjust button by mistake and it went ot some weird resolution.
        Hooked up the CRT, changed it back, problem solved.
        Mine works fine on 800x600 though......

Cheers
        For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
        Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

thanks for the advice guys, i will give it a try tomorrow. It's cold and rainy outside, I dont wanna go out at this time.

Comment

Update: I brought the computer inside and hooked it up to a VGA monitor. Still have the same problem. BIOS shows. Windows Boot Screen shows. Then when it switch screens, it gets NO SIGNAL!

If i cant even get windows to display on a vga. How can i change the resolution?

Comment

Let me be the first to say... F8 boot in VGA mode?

Thats right.. hehe
              Before the XP splash screen boots, Press the F8 key repeatedly until the xp boot menu shows, then goto Enable VGA Mode to boot to 640x480 resolution.

Tony
              http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

Originally posted by tracker64 View Post
                Let me be the first to say... F8 boot in VGA mode?

Thats right.. hehe
                Before the XP splash screen boots, Press the F8 key repeatedly until the xp boot menu shows, then goto Enable VGA Mode to boot to 640x480 resolution.

Tony
                tried it many times. It just ignores the F8 key presses and continues to boot windows normally.

=/

Comment

ok nvm. It was my wireless keyboard's problem. I plugged a regular ps2 keyboard in and pressed F8. Went into safe mode. Removed old intel graphic card drivers. Restarted. Re-Installed intel video drivers. Set resolution to 800x600. Rebooted. Seems to be working good so far. I hope this problem dont come back. BTW, i really appreciate all the help guys

Comment

Your welcome
                    http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

i bought eby-701
                      today i made everything ok. Mainboard+Ram+CPU+Power Supply+Hdd+....
                      started to setup windows, everything was so good then the screen startedt to blink and completely got white. resetted pc but it turned itself off and now i cant turn the lcd on.
                      only power led is (red) blinking. Cant do anything. i am so sad, why can it be ? i cant send it to USA for warranty from Turkey.

i am trying to turn it of standalone but no change

Comment

Originally posted by nickelaj View Post
                        i bought eby-701
                        today i made everything ok. Mainboard+Ram+CPU+Power Supply+Hdd+....
                        started to setup windows, everything was so good then the screen startedt to blink and completely got white. resetted pc but it turned itself off and now i cant turn the lcd on.
                        only power led is (red) blinking. Cant do anything. i am so sad, why can it be ? i cant send it to USA for warranty from Turkey.

i am trying to turn it of standalone but no change
                        Sounds like a ribbon cable is loose. Specifically the button panel's. You open it up at all?

Comment

no i didnt open. today tried again but nothing
                          only power led red blinking

Comment

Well if you arent sending it in for warranty, then open it up. Once you do, you cannot send it in, so make sure you don't/can't first.

Then check your ribbon cables. The big VGA signal ribbon as well as the smaller front panel ribbon.

Comment

we tried it but nothing changed

below link is the same problem,
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...o-picture.html

Comment

Working...
                              X