No announcement yet.

Cheap Color TFT LCD (Headrest Mount)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Color TFT LCD (Headrest Mount)

I'm looking for 2 inexpensive TFT Color LCD's to mount in the head rests of my Impreza. Somthing in the 5" to 7" range. They don't need to be ultra high res as these are for a game console and DVD playback. I'm going to be outputting composit from the PC to these (VGA to my Xenarc).

Those Game View LCD's would have worked great but I suppose there all sold out by now.

all hope is not lost, my friend. Gamevues seem to be going for $50-60 on Ebay right now (A little more than what you could have got them for at Fry's but still cheaper than anything else out there). I also seem to remember people saying that there might still be screens in the Fry's stores that havn't sold. If you dont live near one, maybe you could ask nicely and have someone who does grab one for you and ship it to you. Just a thought. If all else fails, you can always pick up something like this. I know its $140, but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and shell out some extra cash to get what you want when you want it.
    90% Done
    60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
    Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
    Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
    All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
    Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

I like that autoswitch power feature and the fact it already has the trim ring. I might just have to get those.

I live in St. Louis, we don't get Fry's down here. If someone would be interested in grabbing 2 for me I'd be REALLY thankful.