Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 7'' LCD Capacitor and Fuse BLOWN

Hey everyone,

I have been looking around the forum, but I only found information about the fuse, not the capacitor that just went on my SUPER 7'' LCD monitor. Did anyone else blow the capacitor on there monitor before? Does anyone know of the replacement? I cant find the specs for it anywhere on the net

Here is a pic of what i am talking about.

anyone?

Comment

Wow that looks pretty crappy. I don't know much about the particular cap - if someone else has the same board they could look at, maybe they could look at the location and tell you what cap is used.

Where did you buy it? If it was from mp3car.com, call them up and tell them what happened. They might have some ideas.

Comment

I am not familiar with the board, but it is usually a high voltage, low capacitance capacitor.
        Approx. 22pF 3.3kV or so
        Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

Let see if you can read the value off this board.

and this

BTW, it on this thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...oler-dead.html

and this

another

If all fail. Chop of the inverter portion and use a different one like greenman did.
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...-problems.html
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Hey thanks for the replys.
            Looking at the photos it looks like the model number is 27J-3KV. I found a few places in Japan that sells them, but they only sell them in like bundles of 700! but they run about $.23 a piece...so if i buy it, it will come out to be $161!
            I checked out digi-key, and found something close to it model: number BC2032-ND. But I am afraid it might screw something else up. Anyone know if that part number is a good replacement?

Comment

On a slightly related note, where are these Super 7" lcds for sale? Searching the forum and Google for "super lcd" isn't turning anything useful up.

Comment

Try to get spec sheets and compare them. Make sure the maximimum voltage matches or exceeds the OEM part.

Comment

Originally posted by nitefallz View Post
                  On a slightly related note, where are these Super 7" lcds for sale? Searching the forum and Google for "super lcd" isn't turning anything useful up.
                  There are a few still selling on fleeeebay. it has different name btw, but if you look at the monitor casing, you can tell that they are the same.
                  OBO or OBS, avatar, econon ... something like that. Hit you and you see.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

pretty much any CCFL inverter will work. I used one from an old PC CCFL kit

Comment

Working...
                    X