Lilliput Optically Enhanced **not Transreflective**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput Optically Enhanced **not Transreflective**

Check out this monitor. It was optically bonded and had films added. I am selling the test monitor on Ebay. I only used it when the pictures where taken to show the difference. It is now back in the box. Tell me what you think and if you think $450-500 is a good price.

Search for Lilliput Optically Enhanced for the details.

Send me a post if you have any questions.
    Attached Files

which films did you use and what was the process?

Comment

I had the displays optically enhanced and this is a summary process.

Background:
      This unit was converted into an optically bonded assembly of the LCD and the touch sensor that was a part of the display monitor.

Data analysis:
      7 Display monitors are not as bright as specified in their documentation. In a dark laboratory, the 619GL model measured 146 Cd/M2. There was adequate contrast in a dark room, but was pretty poor in high brightness conditions.

Inspection of the dark room data taken on the passively enhanced display shows that the film enhancement resulted in an increase in light output of about 80% (from 146 Cd/M2 to 264 Cd/M2). There is also a significant increase in the recycled ambient light, as evidenced by the fact that the white field luminance under high brightness ambient conditions increased much more than 78 Cd/M2. However, the background black level also increased significantly. Because of this, the contrast was not increased by very much.

The next step of the process was to optically bond the touch sensor to the LCD using a 0.020 thick gasketed bond and an optical-grade silicone adhesive. Once this is done, it can be seen from the data that the brightness in a dark room again increased, but by a much smaller factor. The increase in white field luminance was 7%, consistent with the elimination of Fresnel reflections from the LCD and inner surface of the touch sensor.

Of greater significance though is the fact that the reflected light under high ambient light conditions dropped by a large factor. This is also a result of the elimination of the internal Fresnel reflections. Because of this, the contrast under high brightness conditions has almost doubled.

Comment

i have never EVER seen a lilliput that dark ambient light or not. are the brightness/contrast levels the same on both of those monitors. That first monitor looks damn near defective.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Anyone that knows these monitors, knows that when enough light's in the car, everything gets washed out. This may not have been the best picture, I just posted one so that you can see that there is definately a difference. I took some video also, but it's to big to upload. You can PM me and I'll e-mail them to you. I am working on my home "Comcast" website to host more pictures and video. I hope to be done tonight and will send that link when it is. Here's a picture comparing this to a Lilliput EBY701.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice, but are you working on Lilliput specifically?

Comment

I was told from 2 different companies that the brightness specs that the company provides are significantly lower than the actual specs, especially when there is a touch screen.

Comment

now that second shot looks ALOT better.. when u consider there's not that much of a difference between the brushed silver of the rr skin and the windows taskbar it looked as if the brightest on the first picture was ALL the way down.
                Would you be willing to do these on an addon basis? If not there's not much difference price wise from the transflectives.
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by burressc View Post
                  Check out this monitor.
                  Looks like a nice improvement that gives us more options! but..

Originally posted by burressc View Post
                  Tell me what you think and if you think $450-500 is a good price.
                  Unless you can shave at least $100 off that I think you'll find limited interest. No warranty. Transflective from the mp3store is obviously a better tech for a bit more $. And even after paying for shipping, one of the TMR screens from overseas is easily in your price range, and again, a better product, with a warranty.

I can see alot of interest in this enhancement, but only if it makes financial sense.

Comment

$450, when the monitor costs $259.. Plus it's almost $229 less than the transreflective. Thanks for your input, I really should have posted a better picture. Could someone post a picture of a transreflective monitor, with direct sunlight. The video was made with an overcast. I would really like to see the difference between that one and the one that I have, just so that I can scale my upgrade to a transreflective one. But I have to say, I was very impressed with the difference and it came out over $200 cheaper.

Comment

Why dont you just check out the thread I did. It has lots of pictures with direct sunlight!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...e-results.html
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      Civiputer: Dont have one anymore, but here is what is used to be!

Comment

Comment

Looks good. I am not trying to cut into the transreflective business. I am just trying to find a cheaper alternative. I enjoy tinkering with my CarPC project and just wanted some info on how mine measures up to the transreflective ones and if there is a cost benefit vs. optical difference. If I had the extra $679, I would have bought one and compared the two back to back. Maybe later on I will do so. Thanks for the fast response and pic.

Comment

Your enhancement looks very very similar to the enhancement that Pioneer does to their double din nav systems like the Avic line. I have an Avic D3 in my wifes CRV and it looks just like the enhanced liliput picture you posted. It still has a milky white looking touchscreen which reflects more light than it probably should, but its still perfectly readable in sunlight. Not nearly as bright or crisp as the transflective xenarc I had, but still good enough. I think that the actual LCD panel is transflective in the Pioneer AVic, and the TS has some antiglare coating on it. Not certain though.

Comment

burressc, i sent u pm, have you readed it?
                              I'm very interested in this enhancement.

Comment

Working...
                              X