Lilliput Remote IR Extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput Remote IR Extension

I know this has been discussed before, but all of the threads are over a year old.
    I am getting a custom bezel this week based on enforcers current setup. link
    http://www.mybimmer.net/e36carpclcd.htm

My question is, what is the best way to extend to IR to where my ac vent is ?
    Thanks
    CLICK ME FOR BMW CARPUTERS

95 Avus M3
    Mods: ;-)
    Carputer: Lilliput 619, GPS= LT-20 Receiver, IGuidance 3 & Streets & Atlas 2K6, RR Front End, Removable Dell Inspiron Laptop, More to come........

bump

95 Avus M3
    Carputer: Lilliput 619, GPS= LT-20 Receiver, IGuidance 3 & Streets & Atlas 2K6, RR Front End, Removable Dell Inspiron Laptop, More to come........

Comment

De-solder the sensor and extend it as long as you want. Well, not like 15ft or so.
      I desolder the sensor and extend it to about 2ft or 0.5meter using a 3 wires cord cut from a 3.5mm stereo/headphone cable. I also use the sensor for a Simple IR remote. Instruction on this thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ut-owners.html
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

whats the main difference between simply extending it or doing your write up?
        What additional features do I get?

95 Avus M3

Comment

there is no difference
          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by bimmeracer View Post
            whats the main difference between simply extending it or doing your write up?
            What additional features do I get?
            Doing as what I did in the link on my previous post give you an option to control your carPC with a remote (any available remote) with girder.
            Basically, with Liliput remote, you control the Lilliput.
            With different remote, you configure girder to do whatever you want with your carPC. In my case, I use an alpine remote to control RoadRunner.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
            X