15" to big to mold into dash?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" to big to mold into dash?

I just picked up a 15" touch screen for a sweet price and when it cam in the mail it's actually bigger than i thought. Do you guys think it would be to retardly big to mold into my s10 blazer dash?

no... i think your dash is just to retardedly small to have that molded into it. fix one or the other and you'll be just fine.

ps- i would be very supportive of the "fix the dash" option ;-)
    Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
    Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
    Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

what year blazer?

I have a 10.4 in my 1st gen (87) and i think any bigger would be too much
      G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Comment

Thats alot of meat to be putting in your dash. Even with a rebuilt dash I think it would look out of proportion (12" is about as big as i'd go myself).

Then again i've seen donk's with 30" + LCD"s on the passenger side or built into the center of the dash just depends on your tastes and imagination whether it's going to look good or not.

Comment

i think it would be funny if your background were a photo of all the parts of the dash you cut out to fit the screen, and then the active portion were just the size of a 7"...
          Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
          Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
          Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by blazinlow View Post
            what year blazer?

I have a 10.4 in my 1st gen (87) and i think any bigger would be too much

ya you can see my point here, it's a 88 blazer. I would have to section the glove box, remove two vents, radio and bezel.

Comment

Originally posted by GoHybrid View Post
              i think it would be funny if your background were a photo of all the parts of the dash you cut out to fit the screen, and then the active portion were just the size of a 7"...
              LOL!

Comment

If you start putting 15" LCD's in your dash they're going to start coming after all of us! Full blown pc's, and they thought driving with a cell phone was bad ...
                1998 Toyota Camry LE
                DWW-750FM
                RR 11/2/2006,
                IG3,
                DELL Inspiron 4000
                Carnetix p1900

Comment

Originally posted by schreibers View Post
                  Thats alot of meat to be putting in your dash. Even with a rebuilt dash I think it would look out of proportion (12" is about as big as i'd go myself).

Then again i've seen donk's with 30" + LCD"s on the passenger side or built into the center of the dash just depends on your tastes and imagination whether it's going to look good or not.
                  lol 30" what's next ? a projector?
                  that would be great as a "portable drive in movies", just find a wall and you and your mates are set!

The way i see it, 10'2 is a good limit, but i guess everyone to their own.

Comment

well i put the 15" touchscreen up for trade in the classifieds if anyone is interested. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/vbcl...p?do=ad&id=478

Comment

Originally posted by 3l33tPhantom View Post
                      lol 30" what's next ? a projector?
                      that would be great as a "portable drive in movies", just find a wall and you and your mates are set!

The way i see it, 10'2 is a good limit, but i guess everyone to their own.
                      There's an entire group of people who do this. THey drive around and give free driveins with projectors in their cars. There was even a thread about it a little bit ago.
                      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                      X