Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7' touch screen LCD with mirror image function?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 7' touch screen LCD with mirror image function?

    Any other brand/model 7 inch LCD touch screen supports mirror image? I checked with Xenarc but only 8' and 10' support that. I have a really nice CCD waterproof camera but it does not flip image horizontally.

    Or, is there somekind of image processor that can do the flipping?

  • #2
    What the hell? Doesn't Windows Picture And Fax Viewer flip images? I do mine all the time. If that's all you want, just use that program. Or download The Gimp for a more professional approach.
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

    2005 Honda Civic

    Comment


    • #3
      Well maybe I should point out that this is for video feed, not pictures.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ah, that explains my confusion! I'd like this as well, I have a video I need flipped.
        Ampie Case
        2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
        256 MB DDR2 PC5400
        Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
        Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
        M2-ATX-HV

        2005 Honda Civic

        Comment


        • #5
          Will you be using it with a computer or run directly from the camera?

          If you're using a computer, I'm pretty sure Powerstrip can flip the video signal.
          Otherwise, no sorry I can't name specific models/brands
          I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by msun View Post
            Any other brand/model 7 inch LCD touch screen supports mirror image? I checked with Xenarc but only 8' and 10' support that. I have a really nice CCD waterproof camera but it does not flip image horizontally.

            Or, is there somekind of image processor that can do the flipping?
            Not sure, but if you are going to try and find some sort of video signal processor that does it, it would probably cost a bit more than the camera.
            GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

            Comment


            • #7
              So how does those regular backup cameras do it?

              Do they have special optical lens to flip image? Or the chip inside the camera does the job?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by msun View Post
                So how does those regular backup cameras do it?

                Do they have special optical lens to flip image? Or the chip inside the camera does the job?
                All the cameras I have that do it, it's a function of one of the DSPs on the chip. You basically need to rewrite the signal in real time. Nothing you can do with a simple circuit.

                They certainly make video ICs that can do it, but designing a board and all the other stuff you'd have to do to support it would again, probably be not worth it, time and cost-wise.

                So you're probably at finding a lcd that can do it natively, or a camera that can. How nice a camera is it?
                GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

                Comment


                • #9
                  I had a similar problem when I did my reverse camera, seems all the cameras that did flip back then sucked, I wanted a real good 1/3"superHAD .02lux 480 lines camera at least, but there was nothing this good that did the mirror flip...

                  there is no simple way of flipping an image, there is nothing that can just go in line... the closest I came to finding something was a 4 camera multiplexor that does the mirror flip selectively for each input... I always wanted to use this & add more cameras to boot, but never actually got around to doing that...

                  alpine makes a 4.5" (I think) monitor that does flip(what I winded up using), also there are other strictly video monitors that do flip too, but now your talking vga touchscreen?? I mean if that's flipped it would be useless as a vga touchscreen, unless your planning on being able to flip this on the fly just for camera use??

                  now adays there are much better reverse image cameras, I think getting a new camera might just be your best solution..
                  MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

                  first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                    I had a similar problem when I did my reverse camera, seems all the cameras that did flip back then sucked, I wanted a real good 1/3"superHAD .02lux 480 lines camera at least, but there was nothing this good that did the mirror flip...

                    there is no simple way of flipping an image, there is nothing that can just go in line... the closest I came to finding something was a 4 camera multiplexor that does the mirror flip selectively for each input... I always wanted to use this & add more cameras to boot, but never actually got around to doing that...

                    alpine makes a 4.5" (I think) monitor that does flip(what I winded up using), also there are other strictly video monitors that do flip too, but now your talking vga touchscreen?? I mean if that's flipped it would be useless as a vga touchscreen, unless your planning on being able to flip this on the fly just for camera use??

                    now adays there are much better reverse image cameras, I think getting a new camera might just be your best solution..
                    Doh! Just got me motivated. My color quad does tons of stuff, for the money I paid was very impressed with the feature set. Wasn't sure if it did mirroring off the top of my head. Just looked through the owner's manual and it does. So, there's one sub-$100 solution here.

                    If you go the quad route, you also can have up to 8 cameras
                    GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      what quad is it? the one I was looking at was well over $100, but then again that was a few years ago
                      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

                      first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                        what quad is it? the one I was looking at was well over $100, but then again that was a few years ago
                        I'll find the link, it was just about $105 shipped when I bought it a month or two ago. I'll probably be selling it. I thought it came with a serial remote (it doesn't), there is a version that costs about $130 that does, it's the exact same quad with a daughter board installed. Having a laptop and using PCMCIA, a quad capture card is out of the question so I need to work around that.

                        It does 4ch in realtime, 8ch in near realtime, has motion sensing, split screen PIP and also a 2 PIP mode. Very slick. You can even mask out areas so they wont' trigger the alarms and set the sensitivity.

                        You can also set mirroring and hue/brightness/saturation/contrast/sharpness for each camera. You can also title the cameras. Does NTSC & PAL.

                        Runs off 12v too
                        GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I found one back then that intefaced with the pc thru usb & you could use the pc as a dvr too,

                          I think this is what I was looking at:

                          http://cgi.ebay.com/Grand-USB-DVR-Qu...QQcmdZViewItem

                          friggin hyperlinks not working again
                          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

                          first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I haven't thought about this in a while, maybe I should get one of these & play with it looks like a good solution even for a laptop & I think it'll work as a multiplexor stand alone without the pc if necissary for camera usage independant of the pc...
                            MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

                            first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by turbocad6 View Post
                              I found one back then that intefaced with the pc thru usb & you could use the pc as a dvr too,

                              I think this is what I was looking at:

                              http://cgi.ebay.com/Grand-USB-DVR-Qu...QQcmdZViewItem

                              friggin hyperlinks not working again
                              Interesting, unfortunately, I'll bet it doesn't work with linux

                              Frankly I was amazed I could get a PCMCIA video capture board working.
                              GE Cache Builder | me@cardomain |Coolstuff :autospeed.com | bit-tech.net | Nitemax Ultra Pinouts

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X