Dww-6500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dww-6500

I just recieved my screen and there is no bracket / cage to mount it inside the dash. Anyone that has this screen, can you tell me how you mounted the screen.
    thanks

What kind of car do you have?
    I am the stig's cousin.

Comment

Originally posted by lewcamino View Post
      What kind of car do you have?
      ford explorer 1998 xlt 4 door

Comment

I don't know the stock head unit or dash in that truck. Sorry. However, now that people know the kind of car, they might be able to help.

Later, Lew
        I am the stig's cousin.

Comment

Custom Explorer

Do you live in BK?
          I know this guy that lives on ave P that does custom stuff to explorers. Speedholes ext...

car pc + Explorer =

Comment

Originally posted by njrbd View Post
            Do you live in BK?
            I know this guy that lives on ave P that does custom stuff to explorers. Speedholes ext...

car pc + Explorer =
            yea i also know a guy there, with hands growing out his *** and that smokes grass like no tomorrow. reminds me of you, maybe it is you

Comment

The DWW-6500 was designed to fit in the stock dual din without the need of any additional bracket/cage. It should be able to connect the same way your current stock radio is. Am I mistaken?
              Alex
              Progress: 91% (Cosmetics) @ Stand Still...
              -------------------------------------------
              CarPC specs are BACK!! Edit yours today...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Civic View Post
                The DWW-6500 was designed to fit in the stock dual din without the need of any additional bracket/cage. It should be able to connect the same way your current stock radio is. Am I mistaken?
                you might be right, but, how does it hold in place then, the bracket/sleeve has those metal things that you can move outwards and they hold it in place, but 6500 doesnt have anything like this, it will just slide in and out.
                Do you have this unit?

Comment

The 1998 Explorer has a 1.5 DIN headunit.

That DWW-6500 won't fit without modification.

Comment

I installed the dww-6500 in my 2006 Chevy Silverado. I find it really hard to believe it is designed to install without the need of mount brackets. I needed them on mine, and every vehicle has a different way of mounting.

I checked Walmart and they only had the single din brackets so I went to the local car audio store and said "Hey! I need a dual din/double din mount bracket for a 06 Chevy Silverado pickup". It screws to the side of the dww-6500(screw holes line up nicely) and has flanges that attach to the dash. I don't know about your application but my pickup came stock with the dual din spot for the stereo.

I did have a problem making it fit though. The stupid thing was too long (deep). I ended up needing to modify the back of the slot (I didn't want to do any permenant modifications to anything, but there went that... oh, and don't tell anyone)

Comment

My '05 Civic has a cage where the stock radio went and the DWW-6500 fit perfectly (like the cage that hold hard drives).
                      Alex

Comment

My '05 Civic has a cage where the stock radio went and the DWW-6500 fit perfectly (like the cage that hold hard drives).
                        I stand corrected. That's gotta be pretty nice not needing the extra parts. The only mount bracket I could find was plastic and the screws would slip through the holes if I got them too tight. I had to use tape as washers so they would stay in. I'm relieved to have that behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by phalegh View Post
                          I stand corrected. That's gotta be pretty nice not needing the extra parts. The only mount bracket I could find was plastic and the screws would slip through the holes if I got them too tight. I had to use tape as washers so they would stay in. I'm relieved to have that behind me.
                          what car do you have it installed in?
                          also, the mount brackets you used, what was the brand, can you send me a link to some image online. thanks

Comment

I've really got to put up my project thread one of these days. Anyways, here is the image of the standard bracket Civics have...
                            Attached Files
                            Alex

Comment

I've really got to put up my project thread one of these days. Anyways, here is the image of the standard bracket Civics have...
                              thats awesome, i wish i had that cage. this is why i need to find a double din sleeve that comes with most radios and systems and bondo or glue it to the bezel and then just insert the dww unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X