Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have the "Bolt in kit with toushcreen" from mp3car store?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have the "Bolt in kit with toushcreen" from mp3car store?

I am looking for a double din solution.. I seen the "Bolt in kit with touchscreen" that is offered at the mp3car store..

Does anyone have this? If so, could you offer up your review / experiences with it?

Thanks!
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

What is a toushcreen anyway???
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

I have it and have been happy. I bought it directly from the guy that makes though (not that it should make a difference). It uses the Lilli 619 (his site says you can get the 629 to fit and gives you info on how) and all the inherent issues there-in, but if you are happy with that LCD then it is good.

The frame itself was perfect for my needs. Mine is in a Ford Escape which is a tad shorter than 2-DIN and about 2 inches wider, but this kept from having to do any serious work (e.g. fiber glass) to get my screen in. I also found it is handy so I can pull the whole thing out and take it inside when I need to debug something.

The frame can get pretty warm on hot days or long drives, but nothing to worry about.

Hope that helps.
      -dave
      My pathetic worklog.
      CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

Got any pictures of it?
        Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Just the shot of it installed in my worklog. Otherwise it looks exactly like the pics on the Mechatroniks website.

-dave
          My pathetic worklog.
          CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

Working...
          X