No announcement yet.

Houston Lilliput owners, Please Read!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston Lilliput owners, Please Read!!

My 7" Lilliput (619) monitor has been working almost flawlessly since I put it in my truck, but somehow it got switched over to composite input and I cant get my VGA to show back up. I left the remote and the keypad where I am stationed and cant get to it for another 2 1/2 weeks, so does anybody have a keypad/ribbon cable that I could borrow/buy (I should only need it for about 5 mins) and I am willing to drive to you.
    It works!!

Almost all of the time too!

anybody?
    It works!!

Comment

Hehe that happened to me last week.

luckily the cable is still connected and I keep the button board in the car, however it meant I had to undo half the dash to get to it.

Time to connect the IR methinks.

Comment

yeah, I feel like an idiot for not bringing it, but I cant figure out why or how it switched if I didnt hit the button or anything like that...

I NEEEEEEEED to find one of these dang things to plug in, I have a 14 hour road trip coming up and I dont want my IPOD to be my media device
        It works!!

Comment

Well isn't there a thread with a hack for the auto-switch lilliput for backup cams and such? Then you can find which traces are the video mode, and "push" them with shorting the contacts. You can get to the main circuit board can't you?
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

all the posts that I have seen come off the basis that you hack your keypad up and use it... I dont have one

Could anybody tell me what traces to short? that would work as well

thanks
            It works!!

Comment

I would love to help but i can't find my remote either. I'll look for it around my room and let you know if i find it.

Comment

Thanks, its not so much the remote, its the keypad and cable that im needing. All I want to do is plug the dang thing in, hit PC/AV and then be done with it.
                It works!!

Comment

Originally posted by rjankowski View Post
                  Thanks, its not so much the remote, its the keypad and cable that im needing. All I want to do is plug the dang thing in, hit PC/AV and then be done with it.
                  Ok, well I found the thread: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...tml#post797954

It is connected to the main board, not the button panel. So you should be able to use that thread.
                  Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                  1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                  30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                  Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Yeah, Ive seen that, but it works off the remote or keypad, he only solders a sensor line to the main PCB so that it will stop switching when it detects that its in vga.

Unless I completely missed something
                    It works!!

Comment

Now i understand. Seems i won't be be able to help since my button board is epoxied to my dash bezel.

Comment

Thanks for the thought anyways but I GOT IT!!!

I found somebody who mapped out the pins and had pictures to go with it, but the pic links were broken, I improvised it and its working again!

Thanks Toaster, that all knowing badger pointed me in the right way., I poked around a bit and found the page: http://web.archive.org/web/200410192...lliputLCD.html

The picture links are dead but you can generally figure out what view hes talking about.. If anybody else needs to know where, I can take a picture of mine and post it.
                        It works!!

Comment

yeah, I feel like an idiot for not bringing it, but I cant figure out why or how it switched if I didnt hit the button or anything
                          Well mine did it when I did a key to ACC - off then back to ACC agin with a ver yshort gap in between. It has heppened once but it must be a specific gap time as I do that sort of thing once or twice a week and it doesn't do it then.

Comment

That MAY be what did it for me too... I guess Ill have to be carefull to keep from ripping apart my dash just to reset it.

I think that imma be installing my IR and button panel behind the dash just in case :-D
                            It works!!

Comment

Working...
                            X