Using a non-VGA Screen for carputer..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a non-VGA Screen for carputer..

SO I was wondering if someone has done it before. I tried to use it on my old Pioneer screen (first Gen) and I was unsuccessful. I also found that there are rca-vga connector, would that work? I know that the clearness will not be that good, but would be enough. Also, the screen has touchscreen, will it work with the PC? Any thoughts? Im talking about this screen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUAL-XDVD8181-IN...QQcmdZViewItem

I used to have a VGA screen and I had all sort of problems. Screen was from Yuki, does *****es took my screen and my $40 for returned shipping.

Hi Tx_Cat,

Whilst "yes" using non-vga (i.e RCA or S-Video) can probably be done, I believe the concensus is that you'll not put up with it for very long. It will be very fuzzy, and virtually unreadable. The problem is highlighted further on the small screens used in the car environment. To test what I'm talking about, see if you can plug your PC into your CRT TV at home via the RCA/S-Video connections and see how readable things are.

RCA connected screens are good for watching video, and VGA (and/or DVI) is the preferred connection for computers.

Cheers,

Long.1
    Worklog: 2006 Ford Territory Ghia (Melbourne, Australia)
    Mounting Components in Custom Carputer Box
    Attention Aussie's - Say G'day Here

Comment

Originally posted by long.1 View Post
      RCA connected screens are good for watching video, and VGA (and/or DVI) is the preferred connection for computers.
      Add LVDS and digital TTL connections for preferred connections. Both give perfect (digital) pictures.
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Working...
      X