Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my xenard but touch won't work

Ok,
    I have now tested the screen on every OS I have access to Win 95, 98, ME, Xp, 2k, Linux. I am not able to get it to find a touch controller or anything of the sort. I know the serial ports work because I tested them with an IPAQ cradle... basically I really think I got a non-touch screen in the touch box *EVERYONE CHECK YOUR MODEL #* and please post what you ordered and what the # on the back reads

Ordered: "700-TSV"
    Back reads: "GA-700-Y-Y-V"

-Ryan
    -- WireSix, Inc. --
    MP3Car Lives Here!

So its a non-touch but it has a serial cable attached to it?
    '03 BMW M3 6 spd.
    Black/Imola Red
    19's

Shuttle XPC w/ AMD 1800+
    Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7"
    Wireless internet through my P900 and bluetooth

Comment

yeah thats exacltly what I got a non-touch unit with the touch packaging.... it sucks I sent them an email hopefully they send me the right one asap
      -- WireSix, Inc. --
      MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

I have confidence that Jason will fix the problem. I don't understand why a touchscreen model would have a serial cable though. Maybe they labled it wrong?

Comment

I'm working on compiling a FAQ for the Xenarc. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I opened up mine today. There was a piece of cardboard dust stuck in between the LCD and the Touchscreen. I see where the PCB for the touchscreen goes and wires up. I also see where the PCB for the A/V module is supposed to wire up at.

Every version that is shipped will come with the serial cable and the composite inputs. It's just a question of which PCB's are inside your unit. Apparently techm3 got the wrong version. Ooops. Jason should be good about returning it. He was very helpful when I explained my situation to him.

All in all, I'm extremely satisfied with the product. It's solidly constructed, has EXCELLENT resolution, and the touchscreen is very responsive. I'm going to have to start writting my Litestep front end for it I see. I should be able to do some cool stuff with the widescreen aspect of it. I'm thinking a docked bar on the right that scrolls out to the left. Should be smooth.

Comment

I ordered the 700-TS and got the 700Y-Y with the touch packaging

Comment

You guys sure you didnt get the touch? Mine says y-y to, but I have the touch working fine.... what steps did you take to attempt to get it to work?
              '03 BMW M3 6 spd.
              Black/Imola Red
              19's

Shuttle XPC w/ AMD 1800+
              Opus 150w
              Lilliput 7"

Comment

I hope you're right.. I just plugged it up and tried the touch screen software.. but I have XP Pro.. what do I have to do to get this thing to work right??

I have a serial based prgram that indicates when the COM port is communicating and when I pressed on the screen it did light up but the touch feature wasn't responding so you might be right.

Comment

Well pop the disc that they gave you into the drive, go drivers/win2k_xp/setup.exe

go through that, but make sure you DO NOT click the ps/2 interface box. Once installed it should bring up another dialog. Hit add, it will automatically find the touchscreen and ask if you want to add that. Hit yes. Then hit 4 pt cal to colaborate the screen. Thats all there is to it! Its not plug and play though, so it will not work if you just plug it in and touch the screen.
                  '03 BMW M3 6 spd.
                  Black/Imola Red
                  19's

Shuttle XPC w/ AMD 1800+
                  Opus 150w
                  Lilliput 7"

Comment

Gotcha.. YGPM InFix

Comment

InFix is right on. Mine says the YY version on the back as well. Just don't check the PS2 box. Took me a while to figure that out as well. I'll have to make sure to put that in the FAQ.

Everyone who's having the problem try it tonight. Post if that fixed it for you. I'm really concerned that some of you many not have gotten what you wanted.

Comment

I gotta Y-Y and I got mine working but make sure that when it tells that that it found a controller on a COM that it's the right one.. the first time I was setting it up it detected the touch controller and my modem and tried to add them both which froze up the setup so make sure you remember which COM port your touch screen is plugged into and that you should only be asked to install one controller if it asks you more than once make sure it doesn't say COM3 or COM4

Comment

yeah I've followed the setups to a tee if you look in one of my other posts on the xenarc thread I think my touch controller is either non-existant or dead so I sent it back and if it is bad they are going to send me another one.... Hopefully everything works out well.

-Ryan
                          -- WireSix, Inc. --
                          MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

Same Problem with touch

I have also an non working touchscreen.
                            Display works fine but i canīt get the touch working.
                            Followed the Xenarc howto but got no better result.
                            i can reboot as often i want and check the cabling there is no device found when i press add in the Touchscreen utility.
                            I have tried both modes. with and without ps/2.
                            Non of them works. Changed also Computers, ....

any ideas ????

thanks from Vienna / Austria

Alessandro
                            -----------------------------------
                            [email protected]

Comment

I shipped mine back to Xenarc last week because of the same symptoms. Jimmy confirmed a bad touch controller on Friday and shipped out a new (and tested/working) unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X