looking to upgrade to transflective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to upgrade to transflective

I have a 700tsv and was looking to uprgade to transflective. My screen is totally dismantled and in the custom g35 housing from mp3car.com. Anybody know where i can get this done? I am getting tired of trying to read it in the sunlight. Also is there any other options besides the upgrades( things like films) that i could do?
    2003 Infiniti G35

Comment

i'm not sure if it's kosher to mention them here, but motocitytech may be able to do an upgrade for you.. http://www.motorcitytech.com/

I've tried those circular polarizing films and they do nothing but screw up the touch function. I think transflective is the only way to go.

Comment

I also want to know, as i want to know how much it will cost to get my 8.4"upgraded.

Comment

could you not maybe put a polarizing film behind the touchpanel layer but infront of the display?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaunthesheep View Post
            could you not maybe put a polarizing film behind the touchpanel layer but infront of the display?
            It's been tried, but doesn't resolve the problem.
            A quick search of the forums would tell you this.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I requested a quote. Now just wait and see.
              2003 Infiniti G35

Comment

This is what they told me:

Hi,

Transflective upgrade to your Xenarc 700TSV is 349.99 plus return shipping.
                I will need the entire display, including cables. I do not need the housing or the G35 mount. However, if it is easier to send the dispaly in the mount then that is fine too.
                I will need your zip code for return shipping charges.
                Lead time of approx. 10 business days is required.

Thank you for your inquiry

This is way too expensive for me. Especially when the xenarc originally cost me around 390 bucks. What do you guys think?
                2003 Infiniti G35

Comment

well, that is high when you add it to the original cost, but there really seems to be no other cheaper alternatives. Pesonally I think it's worth it. You have a very nice car, if I had that car I'd want transflective in there for sure.

Comment

I wonder if they'd be willing to do like a group buy transflective upgrade thing

Comment

Whatever happened to these guys?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...e-results.html

I've tried contacting FPD Group but they don't seem to respond?
                      '04 Silverstone Enthusiast 6MT - Authentic INGS+1 LX Half Kit, Volk Racing SF-Winning, Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust, JWT Pop-Charger, Hotchkis Springs, Burnt Orange Leather, StreetDeck

Comment

One of the posts far down in the thread says they stopped distributing stuff.

Xenarcs use 5 wire resistive screens. our current solution uses 4 wire screens. I recommend selling your Xenarc on Ebay and upgrading to a new Lilliput transflective.

Comment

I would but for the liliput doesnt fit the g35 housing. Oh well. I'll have to wait it out.
                          2003 Infiniti G35

Comment

Originally posted by villybhakta View Post
                            This is what they told me:

Hi,

Transflective upgrade to your Xenarc 700TSV is 349.99 plus return shipping.
                            I will need the entire display, including cables. I do not need the housing or the G35 mount. However, if it is easier to send the dispaly in the mount then that is fine too.
                            I will need your zip code for return shipping charges.
                            Lead time of approx. 10 business days is required.

Thank you for your inquiry

This is way too expensive for me. Especially when the xenarc originally cost me around 390 bucks. What do you guys think?
                            Who qouted you that out of curiousity? Motorcitytech?
                            2004 Mystichrome Cobra Install: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...a-install.html

Comment

I'm sure that's from motorcitytech. You can also get a whole monitor with transflective from them. I was quoted 599.99 for a lilliput eby-701 with transflective.

Comment

Working...
                              X