Xenarc sent me the 700YY!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc sent me the 700YY!

GOt my Xenarc today and was all excited until I read the model number on the back and noticed it was a 700Y-Y and NOT a TS!

Needless to say I am not happy!

What do I do?? I waited all this time to get the wrong thing.

Same here
    - 3+ years & still no carputer!
    - Done collecting parts
    - Currently planning setup

Comment

OK after PM'n InFix he said his was also 700Y-Y but his touch screen worked so I went through the whole XP installation and it works..

I'll be damned. But I still can't figure out why they put the wrong model number on it.

Comment

Ill try again. Hopefully it works because when I installed at first it wasn't working.

Edit:

Mu ha ha ha ha. I got it working!

Too bad I noticed I have a dead pixel
        - Done collecting parts

Comment

Be glad you've only got one. Mine has 9 bad pixels and the power cord falls out if you look at it funny. Also the whole picture seems very yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Boggle
            Be glad you've only got one. Mine has 9 bad pixels and the power cord falls out if you look at it funny. Also the whole picture seems very yellow.
            Ive read somewhere if there is more than 6 pixels dead you can return it for an exchange. I dunno if Xenarc has the same policy. The again depends on the company.
            - Done collecting parts

Comment

hmm, well I'm gonna call them tomorow and find out. For as much as it cost it should be perfect, or at least near it.

Comment

Now, are you sure the pixels are burned out? I thought I had a couple at first, but it was dust in-between the touchscreen and the LCD.

Are they lighting up? If not, you're more than likely looking at dust.

Comment

I hope you don't have any dead pixels but it seems from the other posts I read that maybe Xenarc just decided to take all their Grade B Refurbs and throw a touch screen controller in it thus the 700Y-Y Models with touch screens.

Of course mine is in great condition except for the fact that the screen isn't as bright as I thought it was going to be. I though 250nits would be alot brighter than that.

Comment

they show up red green or blue on dark backgrounds, so it isn't dust

Comment

regarding the funny model #s I talked to Jason and Jimmy Hu they both said that since the 700-TSV is such a new model it really doesn't have a "new model sticker" yet so they are still labeled as the 700-Y-Y-V or whatver the equivalent is for your model. My touch on the otherhand will not work on any compute rtha tI put it on I have 0 dead pixels but a dead touch controller or so it seems.... they gave me an RMA # and I sent the unit back via ups today so they'll get it next week and we'll see what happens... all in all the guys at xenarc have been good to me and they'll be happy to send me out a new screen if mine is indeed defective

-Ryan
                      -- WireSix, Inc. --
                      MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

Man guys. I'm so sorry you're having problems with your units. I feel really bad, because I'm sorta responsible for this. It was my idea for the group buy. I appologize.

Comment

Yep... me too... 700Y-Y. Just for kicks, I hooked it up to 4 different machines. No luck. Too bad, as it works great otherwise and has zero dead pixels. Oh well... there's my excuse for not installing everything in the car this weekend. Now I can go the the auotcross on Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                          X