Wide-Screen 8" and 10.2" monitors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide-Screen 8" and 10.2" monitors?

I've noticed that most screens available 8"-10", anywhere, for carPC enthusiasts are only in 4:3 aspect ratio. Would people be interested in wide-screen 10.2" and 8" VGA Touch screen monitors instead? or does everyone prefer to use 4:3 for some reason?

I have a 10.2" wide TS that's transflective - It's MUCH better than my Xenarc and great size for my dash. Motorcity hooked me up
    Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
    Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
    Teardown PC [100%]
    Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Comment

wow, 10.2" widescreen AND a transflective screen. How much did that run you??

Comment

It was about 700, but well worth it for the size and the transflective

I don't really think it's worth it to buy a screen unless it is transflective, but that's me.
        Carputer Progress:

Teardown PC [100%]

Comment

only $700? I looked into these a little while ago and they start at about $1100... Where did you find this one? is 'motor city' a seller on here or is there a link to the store? did u get this one as 'NEW'? thanks in advance!

Comment

Motorcity had some stuff in the classifieds (might still), but I think he got kicked off this board or something. Check out http://motorcitytech.com/ I don't think they really have anything on there yet, but you can contact him/them about a TS monitor. He's been really good about answering all my questions and creating a custom power cord to connect to a molex power connector on my computer. Good service.

Oh, yes, I got it new, open frame (no plastic frame, just the LCD and the controllers and all the circuit boards, very compact).
            Carputer Progress:

Teardown PC [100%]

Comment

I have an 8" widescreen lilliput, they're not exactly rare

Comment

Working...
              X