Just got my screen but need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my screen but need help!

I just got my monitor in the mail, but the instructions have no explanations.

On the back it has 6 wires.....

1. NC / Orange
    2. Reverse / Blue
    3. GND / Black
    4. Accon / Red
    5. Park / Green
    6. +12DC

I know where and what 3, 4 and 6 do, but what is 1?

Also how do I connect the Reverse wire so when I go into reverse it switches to rear view?

What is the Park wire for?

Please get back to me.............. Thanx in advance!
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

I'm guessing NC is "not connected". I'm also guessing reverse is switched on when the line goes high (12v), normally connected to like your backup lights or something. Dunno about "park"
    Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
    Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
    Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
    Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
    ...it never ends

Comment

I started to inspect the monitor more and read the little stick on tabs....

for Orange it says Remote..... dont know what that means......
      and Park of course says park...

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

I think remote means it throws out some more power if you want to send it somewhere else. (i found out yesterday when I posted a question about the remote labeled wire on my radio. ) i originally thought it meant remote to wire to an infared remote control system...... but then a guy said, it means remote power to another amp or something. I don't know, just learning this **** as I go.

Comment

ok, the PARK is a feature that comes with a few headunit LCDs and very few standalone LCD's that have video inputs... This wire basically senses that when you take the car out of PARK, the monitor will go into safety mode, and you can't watch video while driving. When you shift to PARK, image re-appears, you wire this to your parking light/switch, or just GROUND it to bypass it and image will always work.
          http://www.mp3car.com/members/tracke...ivic-2007.html for Car Pics!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

Thanx guys.... so basically I dont need any of the wires except, Ground, 12v, ACCON, and reverse...... Can I just leave the Park and Remote wire off and not connect them to anything?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

you have to GROUND the park wire if your not using it, as for the remote, you can put black tape on it, cover it up.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...ease-read.html for Touchscreen timeout fix!

Comment

Originally posted by tracker64 View Post
                you have to GROUND the park wire if your not using it, as for the remote, you can put black tape on it, cover it up.
                So does that mean i connect it to the ground wire????????? I just do not want to hook this up wrong and fry my monitor. By the way its a K90... dont know the name brand, doesnt seem to have it anywhere. There instructions are so crappy........ it has pictures of where it is, but doesnt tell you what it does at all! Also Traker64 what front end are you using?

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                4X MK808b
                3x Perixx Touchpads
                3x 7 inch Screens
                1x Win 7 PC

Comment

no front end currently, but, the remote carries voltage, cover it up
                  the park wire just ground it to the negative power lead of your car, or to the car's chasis, that way the image will always stay on the lcd working.

my install is kind of messy right now, it's in progress, everything is at first when you first start out, but it all comes down to one thing, this is a project site, u don't build a system overnight, and you don't throw on showroom quality before you finish with your material work.

Pics are self explanatory, but getting there slowly!
                  Tony

Comment

Hehe.... well im trying to study everyone elses work and see what they have done... I want mine to be show room condition.... only problem is I have a very large car, it has a cool compartment in the back..... but running all those cables is going to be a mission. So are the 6 screens for the back. I have been very picky with everything ive bought.... the amps for the front and back speakers are super small (size of a cassette tape each) which will go behing the dash with cooling fans mounted on them (same like they use on comp processors) the only reason I went with this k90 was because it is blank on the front... all you see is 2 little buttons.... i notice other screens put all kinds of buttons on thiers and also try to make it look like a radio... i hate that!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                    4X MK808b
                    3x Perixx Touchpads
                    3x 7 inch Screens
                    1x Win 7 PC

Comment

that is why i ripped lcd out of the housing, and removed the button header, relocated the sensor, so now i can use the remote and not see the buttons.
                      the bezel will be the last thing i work on im sure

Comment

ok.... I found out what orange is for.... it is for connecting other devices together so when the screen is turned on the othe device is turned on.... Now that I know....... here is another question.

I have 2 micro amps..... do I have to connect those to the battery, or can I simply connect the Ground and 12+ to the radio wiring harness

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

What did you do with the park wire? I just got this as well and the instructions are terrible.
                          There is even mis-spelled words. I put it in my car last night and it seems to open and diplay just fine. I havne't hooked up the park wire at all (yet, unless I need to)

Comment

just connect the park wire to the black ground wire and all should be fine.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                            4X MK808b
                            3x Perixx Touchpads
                            3x 7 inch Screens
                            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

What's the difference of having it grouned or not at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X