Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCD/hard drive interference help!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LCD/hard drive interference help!?

    I have a ibase (mb896) mini-itx in a voom-style case running to a lilli touch screen. I get tons of hard drive interference and I can't figure out how to combat it. I'm not even sure if its 100% from the hard drive, but it seems to be while i'm playing mp3's vs. listening to sirius, so i'm pretty sure its from the hard drive. Any ideas on how to at least lesson it? If I turn the brightness down on the LCD it is a bit harder to notice, but then again the entire screen is a bit harder to see. The style of my case requires me to mount my m2-atx power supply basically on top of the hard drive, so i'm not sure if that is the problem. If so, is there something I can put between them? Are my power wires within the case too close to the mobo or something?

    Also, I had a jetway board (j7f2) and was having the same exact problem. I've hooked the LCD to a laptop and don't get the problem, so I know its not the LCD.

    The carPC didn't seem to have the same problem though when it was hooked up to a CRT monitor (outside of the car & case). Any ideas?

  • #2
    Originally posted by mscappa View Post
    I have a ibase (mb896) mini-itx in a voom-style case running to a lilli touch screen. I get tons of hard drive interference and I can't figure out how to combat it. I'm not even sure if its 100% from the hard drive, but it seems to be while i'm playing mp3's vs. listening to sirius, so i'm pretty sure its from the hard drive. Any ideas on how to at least lesson it? If I turn the brightness down on the LCD it is a bit harder to notice, but then again the entire screen is a bit harder to see. The style of my case requires me to mount my m2-atx power supply basically on top of the hard drive, so i'm not sure if that is the problem. If so, is there something I can put between them? Are my power wires within the case too close to the mobo or something?

    Also, I had a jetway board (j7f2) and was having the same exact problem. I've hooked the LCD to a laptop and don't get the problem, so I know its not the LCD.

    The carPC didn't seem to have the same problem though when it was hooked up to a CRT monitor (outside of the car & case). Any ideas?
    Describe the wires that lead from the car to the carputer and the LCD, thier size, location, and length, and origin.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
      Describe the wires that lead from the car to the carputer and the LCD, thier size, location, and length, and origin.

      Michael

      4g from battery to back of car, main power, running into a distro block splitting into 3 8g wires (pc, amp1, amp2).

      ground from the back (all 3 sources) runs into the chasis in the back of the car.

      ACC (16g) lead comes out of fuse box (unused fuse), this hooks into the Lilliput up front (short run), then runs through a thin 18g to the rear of the car to use as the turnon (wire nutted) lead for pc, amp1, amp2).

      Lilliput is grounded into the old ground from the original head unit.

      Comment


      • #4
        but is the video cable running close or in the same area as the power wires? For example is power on 1 side and video/sound/usb down the other, or all bundled together?
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
          but is the video cable running close or in the same area as the power wires? For example is power on 1 side and video/sound/usb down the other, or all bundled together?
          Yeap.

          And by the way, WIRE NUTS SUCK FOR THE CAR ENVIRONMENT, though that is not the problem here.

          Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

          Comment

          Working...
          X