Not sure???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure???

I am trying to plan what touchscreen in my 2001 CLK (W208), I really wanted a motorised one without spending the earth. I but when I have been looking on the forums and reviews on the stores the motorised monitors don't do so well.

Are the Lilliput monitors no good? or am I going to have to go for a standard touchscreen (not in dash), although then I would need to think about being able to see the screen ok.

Please give me some advise
    www.facebook.com/j666gak

why is it that you want the screen motorized?, are you cramped for space or you just dont have the patience to fab up a bezzle, its a pain but IMO it looks better...
    Life Dosn't come with a reset button, if it did you might as well turn the game off.

Comment

And motorized or not, the screen will be hard to see in the direct sunlight.

Or by "see the screen ok" do you mean the angle? A motorized unit will be pretty ackward. A molded in is much more natural.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by portabuddy View Post
        why is it that you want the screen motorized?, are you cramped for space or you just dont have the patience to fab up a bezzle, its a pain but IMO it looks better...
        It has space for a double DIN, but there are quite important reasons why I don't want a fixed monitor. First of all I am from an IT background and am REALLY crap at try to fab anything!

The second reason is that I want to use one of the DIN slots for my headunit (Kenwood W7031), then I can use the AUX input to link the PC to the existing amp / speaker system.

This will make it easier for a novice and first time installer, and not making a mess of the dash. Also easy to remove equipment when coming to sell the car.

Thanks
        www.facebook.com/j666gak

Comment

Working...
        X