LinITX 7" high brightness-wow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinITX 7" high brightness-wow

I have been frustrated with my in dash Lilliput. The mechamnism stopped working, I spent $150 on replacement parts which still didn't fix it.
    So I bought this
    http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=10949
    The LinITX cost me 210 pounds (and 43 pounds delivery to Australia!)
    The monitor felt good quality then I turned it on - Wow- in sunny conditions the screen was perfectly clear- there is no comparison to the dull Lilliput, which was really only usable at night or very cloudy days.
    Anyway, I noticed that the menu intermittently wouldn't show so I emailed the guys at LinITX with very detailed list of symptoms and without any questions they said they had sent me another one and asked that I send back the original after I receive the new one.
    I couldn't have expected better service.
    That was last night- I expect it will take ~ 5 days to get to me.
    In the meantime I'm using oziexplorer (while I set up destinator 6 to work
    properly!), in full sunlight, for the first time, and really enjoying my carpc now, which happens to be a Lilliput.)

Received new monitor and it works fine. Don't know why I was wasting my time with the Lilliput screen. This screen is easily readable in the brightest sunlight. I originally wanted a monitor that could mould into the dash but with the 1-din computer and stereo head unit I have it on top of the dash.

Comment

can you post some pics of it in action in the sun ?

Comment

OK- will do tomorrow if the sun comes out in Sydney.

Comment

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]Couple of jpgs attached. I'm uisng Digital dash software- surprised that its not really mentioned much on this site
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! Do you know the panel specs? Site states TMR type. What about interior reflections, say if the unit were placed in front of the shifter. I imagine it would do OK?

UKú 210.00 would be ~$425 US, plus say UKú 25.00 (~$50 US) for shipping to US for possible total of $475. Maybe $500 if shipping cost matches AU. Not bad for a sunlight viewable touchscreen display!

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what TMR is but seems to be a new type of transflective display- better or worse,I don't know -but I haven't seen any conditions where I haven't been impressed- no problem with internal reflections. I've been playing around the ~3 years now with various laptop monitors then the lilliput monitor- I can now say that I've stopped looking
              I think all the specs are on the website? Anything else you need to know

Comment

Two things I'd be curious to know...

1) Physical size of the LCD.. is it Zenarc or Lilliput sized for existing custom made bezels?
                2) Size of the PCB - do the butons sit on the same board as all the LCD controls or are they on a seperate board? The reason I ask is that I have very little space clearance below my LCD.

Any chance you could open it and take sime measurements/pics for us? (Unless it will void your warranty)

That looks like a pretty good screen

Comment

TMR stands for Transmissive Micro Reflective. I was wondering if you had a peek inside and saw a manufacturer label (i.e. Sharp or Samsung). Just curious.

Comment

hey you cheated, you didn't build your own car pc? you bought one?

LOL.

just kidding. more power to you man. but what did that cost you?

Comment

Yep, I cheated. Bought a 1 DIN carput after trying to use laptops with little success. Tried the auto power on module from w3bma5t3r: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/members/w3bma5t3r.html
                      He was very helpful but I found the laptop was clumsy and never really got it working properly.The Lilliput carput works really well, so far. Cost me ~A$960 on ebay -can get it cheaper than that but I upped the memory to 1G and Harddisk to 120Gb. There are some threads about it.

The monitor is under warranty, so unfortunatley I can't pull it open. Not sure of any brand names. I'm sure the guys at LinITX will help with all the dimension details of LCD and PCB. They get back quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Joehule View Post
                        Yep, I cheated. Bought a 1 DIN carput after trying to use laptops with little success. Tried the auto power on module from w3bma5t3r: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/members/w3bma5t3r.html
                        He was very helpful but I found the laptop was clumsy and never really got it working properly.The Lilliput carput works really well, so far. Cost me ~A$960 on ebay -can get it cheaper than that but I upped the memory to 1G and Harddisk to 120Gb. There are some threads about it.

The monitor is under warranty, so unfortunatley I can't pull it open. Not sure of any brand names. I'm sure the guys at LinITX will help with all the dimension details of LCD and PCB. They get back quickly.
                        so far i'm impressed. On LinITX's website, it mentioned Auto Power On/Off - VGA mode. Does that mean you are able to program (or is it already programmed) for the monitor to power up on the start of your ignition?

Also, may i see some more pictures if you have the time with the monitor at night and especially more in direct sunlight

I'm in the market for a new Touchscreen ASAP. My lilliput is crap

Comment

Originally posted by itsduke View Post
                          so far i'm impressed. On LinITX's website, it mentioned Auto Power On/Off - VGA mode. Does that mean you are able to program (or is it already programmed) for the monitor to power up on the start of your ignition?

Also, may i see some more pictures if you have the time with the monitor at night and especially more in direct sunlight

I'm in the market for a new Touchscreen ASAP. My lilliput is crap
                          OK will take some photos more asap. But photos can be deceptive- in real life it is excellent.
                          It comes on automatically when the ignition is turned on - I have it connected to the reverse wires with a camera - I can see behind immediately when reversing without having to wait- I particularly like that- with my previous laptops I could sit there and wait for 30-40seconds - no use at all.

Comment

Can you post pictures with sun directly falling on the screen?
                            Thank you

Comment

Bump for a promising sreen? Any more info?

Comment

Working...
                              X