lcd converting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcd converting

hello i am think of using a flat panel monitor as a my rear tv for my ceiling. instead of a flip down tv. so my question is how do convert that lcd into a flip down tv. like taking that lcd and making a case or brackets for make it flip down or if anyone has done that. any links or ideas thanks

If I do not misunderstand you meant LCD computer monitor as 'flatpanel monitor'.

I think the problem could not be about the hinges or so...
    Flatpanel monitors use different type of signaling than car lcd TVs.
    Except you have a TV receiver card in the PC and want to display it as a computer image.
    A simple flatpanel monitor is designed for home use, it wont tolerate vibration, temperature, voltage shocks.
    Alopecia perniciosa

Comment

to turn anything into a "flip down"
      there ar 2 options
      a j shaped arm and a sprung gear will do it "fancy"...it'll drop slow and smooth
      or just some shocks like for the hood of your car.

now from there it is size weight and what options the origional framing will do for you....or can you blow all that out and cnc machine something for yourself....
      in short...(too late)
      what can YOU do?

1. how big is the monitor?
      2. will its side frames support its weight?
      3. will any of its frames support its weight?

HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO HACK UP YOUR CAR????
      06 Altima..SER front bumper.
      CAR PC.....soon to be true!!
      Oshawa Canada!!

Comment

well i am going to put a computer in my car but i want to use a big screen in the rear for my kids what is why i want a computer screen cause is cheaper and i what to show my fab skills . but can this be done or have any one done this before.

Comment

i was think of fabbin up a frame out of wood or light weight alumium

Comment

well couldnt figure out anything so i am going with a 15in lcd with vga out

Comment

Working...
            X