Heads up about Xenarc "customer service"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up about Xenarc "customer service"

The following is an email correspondence between myself and Michael H. Ger (Xenarc manager). The background info on the situation: So I order my 7" TS on the day of the group buy. The screen comes in about a week later, and it has a piece of dust under the glass and the face/casing of the monitor was scratched and scuffed up in multiple places. Now having spent close to $500 on this screen, I was a little upset. I wouldnt have minded so much if it was ~$300. So anyway, I call up Jason and he agrees to send me a replacement. They tell me they won't pay for my shipping it out there because

Company policy is that it is your responsibility to ship the unit back
    to us and it is ours to ship it to you. Unfortunately, we don't pay for
    it both ways. This is a mutual courtesy between the manufacturer and
    the person returning the unit. Thanks again. [Email sent to me by Jason]
    Fine, $10 is not a big deal I think. I send it out, get my replacement and this time it has similiar scratches/scuffs on the casing, but additionally, the screen itself had a scratch on it. Also, this screen did not come with a driver cd for the TS nor did it have a "Warranty void if removed" sticker on it. I call for yet another replacement, Jason agrees, and again, they will not pay for shipping back. So I have so far paid $20 more then anyone else just to get a good screen (which I should have gotten in the first place). Then I get the email from Jason! Follow the URL below, and read the emails bottom to top. After I got the email from Jason, I called him immediately to complain, and he instructed me to email the manager which is why my reply goes to another email instead of back to Jason. For the record, I didnt open the screen up. I have no idea why they accused me of this. The only reason I can think of is because of the warranty sticker, which was not on the screen when I got it in the first place!

Now there were quite a few others who had similiar problems, anywhere from dust under the glass, to scratches, to bad touchscreens, to bad pixels. In my opinion, these are refurbs or returns being passed off as new, so beware. How many times do you go buy something from CompUSA or Best Buy and receive your item in that type of condition, at that type of frequency? This will probably sound silly, but you know that "new smell" of electronics when you first open the box? These didnt even have that! I will attest to these being refurbs/returns until the day that I die! lol. Anyway, I just thought I would share my experience with Xenarc with the board so that they can make an educated decision about what to buy and what not to buy!

Email correspondence
    '03 BMW M3 6 spd.
    Black/Imola Red
    19's

Shuttle XPC w/ AMD 1800+
    Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7"
    Wireless internet through my P900 and bluetooth

You are kinder than I would have been. I would have disputed the whole amount and let them deal with American Express.
    2002 Z-71 Rolling with an ITX MOBO, 10.4" touchscreen, 40 Gig HD, and a DVD ROM.

http://www.truckputer.com

Comment

Well I was going to, I even threatened to in the email, but getting all boiled up and sending emails/other proof to my credit card company etc wasn't worth the $30 loss. I did after all authorize the purchase. From there on its pretty much between you and the company, unless you really want to raise hell about it (unless Im mistaken. Ive only claimed fraud on my CC once when Anarchy Online first came out, and there was no way to cancel your account before the 1st month was up lol). Oh well.
      '03 BMW M3 6 spd.
      Black/Imola Red
      19's

Shuttle XPC w/ AMD 1800+
      Opus 150w
      Lilliput 7"
      Wireless internet through my P900 and bluetooth

Comment

I always use AMEX for big ticket items because amoung other things they have a nice "no questions asked" fraud deal. I don't know what the max amount of coverage is, though.

I actually used it for the first time last Friday on a $13 handling fee a online vendor charged me after I had called them and made sure there wasn't one. Granted there is a lot of difference between $13 and $500
        2002 Z-71 Rolling with an ITX MOBO, 10.4" touchscreen, 40 Gig HD, and a DVD ROM.

http://www.truckputer.com

Comment

You -should- have disputed the charges. While you do get most of your money back, you've just paid a company $30 for nothing, and shown them that they can get away with fraudulent activity.

If credit card processing companies recieve several complaints and disputes about a vendor, then the credit card processor SHUTS DOWN THEIR ACCOUNT, effectively preventing any further fraud.

Comment

Well, bummer about your experiance. I hope you get this figured out.

Thanks for sharing, It means I will go with the DScustoms or digitalww in dash screens.

I'll give up the VGA input and get service, quality and ease of mounting

again, good luck

TruckinMP3
            TruckinMP3
            D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Wow you were pretty kind, I would have abused the hell out of them, if they didn't give me full refund (i would have insisted on $500 for the shipping) I would report them, if that didn't work, time to take the "law" into your own hands. See who's laughing then!

Comment

yeah I got a dead touchscreen with the first one they sent me.... I agree they all appear to be refurbs took them 2 weeks to send me another one but I got it and it seems to be working ok.....
                -- WireSix, Inc. --
                MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

You were WAY to Kind!

Dude, you were way to nice. You deserved $500 dollars back.

They have no right to blame a customer.

Jackass....lost respect for them just reading their emails.

Nathan

Comment

So what are some alternatives to Xenarc?

I've been following this board and was pretty much set on ordering a Xenarc touchscreen, and now I'm thinking I should reconsider, but I am not sure what the alternatives may be...

Basically, I'm looking at a complete solution touchscreen (I'm not really eager to assmble a screen from pieces) for not too much $$. I liked Xenarc because it's 7" and all-in-one kind of a thing.

Any pointers are very much appreciated.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous that Xenarc has the gall to make you pay for shipping when it's their mistake. And sending you a bad unit AGAIN... that is just.. I can't even find words for it.

You should inform credit card company and lodge a complaint, just to get it on Xenarc's record. Even if you don't dispute charges, just make sure to report Xenarc's service or lack thereof.

Thanks,
                      Jad
                      2003 supercharged cop car - dual core Atom, Xenarc 705TSV, ampie +M2-ATX - done

Comment

i like the old baseball bat in the parking lot.....

just make sure u wear good gloves (most gloves actually still leave fingerprints... i forget which material is the best....) and wear a balaclava...... if i was in US i'd do it for u next time i was near those bastards..... they deserve to be hurt for that.....

lol i know it's not good business practise...... but most ppl in this world are pansies.... u hurt them physically they have a cry......

Comment

In Norway we have laws against these kind of things.

It's called "The law of buying" (Horrible translation)

It's great.
                          SOON THERE.

Comment

Working...
                          X