Screen Placement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Placement?

I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for the mounting of a 12.1" screen in this baby...

gee and i thought i had a hard time mounting mine
    umm good luck is all i can offer

cheers
    pcman
    donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

Comment

get one of those pedestal mounts for mounting cell phones and attach it to the floor in the passenger side of the center console ... that's what I've ended up deciding on until I can come up with a better solution

... plus I got a good deal on a screen that wouldn't fit in the dash unless I removed the instrument panel =)

Comment

Originally posted by ddt
        get one of those pedestal mounts for mounting cell phones and attach it to the floor in the passenger side of the center console ... that's what I've ended up deciding on until I can come up with a better solution

... plus I got a good deal on a screen that wouldn't fit in the dash unless I removed the instrument panel =)
        The Datalux I have forsale would work great with a pedistal!

Comment

well I just ordered the exact same screen you have up for sale about 3 or 4 days ago.

Comment

Glove box?

I have only one idea:
            Remove the radio and the A/C controls. <- Mount screen here.
            Move the A/C controls to underneath the screen.
            Buy a HU with some sort of remote control. Mount it in the glove box.
            ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
            Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
            All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
            Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

perhaps i could resort to an in-dash LCD?

Comment

Have you measured your center console where the radio is right now? If you can remove all of that stuff maybe you could fit it into there. Or maybe have it fold down from the ceiling right around where the rearview mirror is.

Comment

fold up from passenger airbag

Comment

im seriously considering the cheater in-dash alpine route...

oh, SuperMatty, this kid that goes to my school... his father owns delorean... lol

Comment

Working...
                    X