Xenarc intermittently stops working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc intermittently stops working

My xenarc TS stops functioning randomly whenever I have other devices plugged into my USB hub. The hub is externally powered by a cnx-p5v so I know its getting enough juice, and everything used to work fine, but recently I had to send my screen in for repair and didn't get it back for three weeks.

I'm not sure if in that three weeks my hub went bad or Xenarc screwed my screen up. When it is the only device plugged into the hub, I have used it continuously for hours with no issue. However if I have anything else plugged into the hub, the Xenarc or sometimes the entire hub's usb devices shut off.

I noticed on occasions that the 'power' light on the usb hub indicating which devices are connected will flicker where the TS is connected, while other ones will stay constantly lit. Today, however, both lights on the hub shut off completely when the TS stopped functioning. A reboot of windows fixes the problem without disconnecting or reconnecting anything else, but within a few minutes it stops working again.

I never had any issues before actually installing the system in my car. I have tried reinstalling windows, and I don't think its a software issue, because the first few days before sending my Xenarc in (the bezel needed adjusting after I installed the carputer), I had EVERYTHING connected and it was just fine.

What do you think, Xenarc issue, hub issue, or something else

Power issue. You are overloading your 5v rail.

Also, touchscreens should not be plugged into a hub. Touchscreen and GPS should be in a root hub (on the motherboard) and other crap like wifi, thumbdrives, ect, go on other hubs.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

but it worked fine on the bench set up like that for over a month along with 5 other devices plugged in as well

Comment

dude, it's definitely a power issue.

the bench i guess was different from your car setup.

So USB's always use the 5v rail and not the 12Volt? so no wonder i have enough power for my system.

i'm running a 160w m2 atx on a really high end asus motherboard with xp 2600 and gig of ram.... plus 3 fans, gps, touchscreen, mouse, keyboard, and somtimes a thumb drive, and I never have any issues , knock on wood.

Comment

Have had the same experience with my TSV1020 the last month. No new equipment has been added but the TS function disappears and comes back randomly. Today I checked all usb connections and tried unplugging, turning of xport and restarting again. It didnt work but after I had dinner it worked again. I will try connecting it to the computer directly instead of through my powered hubs.
          AOPEN MINIPC 945 VXR, CORE DUO T2400, 512MB, 120GB, Wlan, CARNETIX CNX-P1900, 1020TSV TFT 10.2" Touchscreen, BU-353 GPS, wlan-antenna, X3 integration to HU, D-link DUB-H7 USB 2.0 Hub, Wireless RF-keyboard, Logitech USB noicecancelling mic, NV RVcam

Comment

i bought a new hub so im gonna check it out tomorrow and see if that solves it

Comment

Tried with connecting the usb directly to the computer. The TS remains dead but occasionally it starts working. Will try another computer to the screen.
              AOPEN MINIPC 945 VXR, CORE DUO T2400, 512MB, 120GB, Wlan, CARNETIX CNX-P1900, 1020TSV TFT 10.2" Touchscreen, BU-353 GPS, wlan-antenna, X3 integration to HU, D-link DUB-H7 USB 2.0 Hub, Wireless RF-keyboard, Logitech USB noicecancelling mic, NV RVcam

Comment

OK still no working TS and I have tried a new computer. Seems like there is a hardware failure in the screen itself. Any known cables that should be checked?

Comment

Ripped the screen apart and checked all contacts. Looked good and the signalcable look undamaged. When I did all this the TS started functioning and I thought maybe it was just a loose contact. Screwed the screen together. After I started driving the TS stopped functioning but came back again. Really no idea of what I should do. Maybe a new signalcable to eliminate one possible source of error.

Comment

Working...
                  X