Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any results from using a VGA duplicator/booster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any results from using a VGA duplicator/booster?

As soon as I added the VGA extension cable to my carpc the quality on the screen took a nose dive. I've gotten used to it, but I know it can be better.

There is an ATEN VS92A VGA signal booster for $30 on eBay (Buy It Now). I am wondering if this would be sufficient to reduce the signal loss I get?

They also have Belkin OmniView extenders for around $20. Seems like a cheap deal. There are a few that carry over cat5 as well (two units).

That happens when you get crappy VGA cables. Basically, you get what you pay for. You're probably better off getting a high-dollar cable from a place like a network or audio supply place.
    Progress:
    [■■■■■■■■] 100%
    Mitsubishi 3000GT car computer
    Previous budget Honda carputer

Comment

Yeah I got pretty cheap cables. What's the going rate for good VGA cables?

Comment

i bought mine from a local computer store i work at... look for ones with good shielding, the only problem is that there so thick they are hard to bend and hide.

here is a website that seems to have the same one I have

http://www.vga-cables.net/premium-vga-cables-list.html

Comment

before you buy more ****,

are you sure that maybe just one of your vga cables is cheap and not shielded enough?

maybe try a different VGA extension.

I extended mine and don't have any noticeable drop.

Comment

wha'ts funny is that the high quality vga extension was cheap at cirquit city, but the usb extensions are expensive as fuc*

Comment

You should pay upwards of $20-30 for a good 6' VGA cable. Likely your problems will disappear when you do that.

Why are USB cables so expensive?? Because printers sell dirt cheap, and do not include a USB cable.... So you buy their $30 cable seperately so they makeup the loss on their printer.
              Progress:
              [■■■■■■■■] 100%
              Mitsubishi 3000GT car computer
              Previous budget Honda carputer

Comment

Originally posted by Snortonnorton View Post
                before you buy more ****,

are you sure that maybe just one of your vga cables is cheap and not shielded enough?

maybe try a different VGA extension.

I extended mine and don't have any noticeable drop.
                That's actually the problem I think. I bought a cheap eBay cable for around $20 (25ft). It's fairly thick, much thicker than the one that came with the screen. It works great for a CRT monitor, but when it comes to VGA on an LCD, quality deteriorates right away.

I also have extra slack, much more than I needed. I'll try getting a shorter cable of higher quality.

Comment

Working...
                X