Mp3Car Transflective Display KILLS Xenarc 700TSV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3Car Transflective Display KILLS Xenarc 700TSV

I just installed a mp3car transflective display to replace my Xenarc 700TSV, and all I have to say is I don't recommend anyone buy any less of a display. The only thing I have given up by switching is the auto-reverse camera feature which I am replacing with a $50 "cheesebox"/VideoView and a relay.

Kudos to the Mp3Car store for providing us with such a hard to find product.

I know someone's going to say it, but pics?

Comment

yeah, and could you please be more specific? what transreflective display are you talking about? what's bettern than a xenarc?

Comment

Originally posted by Snortonnorton View Post
        yeah, and could you please be more specific? what transreflective display are you talking about? what's bettern than a xenarc?
        7" and 8" models here: http://store.mp3car.com/category_s/82.htm
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

it also costs more than twice as much...you pay for what you get

Comment

if someone buys one of those 600 dollar upgraded lilliputs,

could we still get a squaretrade warranty? that would seal the deal for me. (i'm a little leary of putting 600 bucks into a lilliput or any device that will sit in a car for that matter.)

3 year warrant from squaretrade for less than 40 bucks would really be worth it. but they would not cover the upgrade, so is there an extended warranty we could get through the mp3store?

Comment

Well I don't know too much about the various monitors out there, but I do know that I bought a dynamix 8" monitor for about 250 that absolutely runs circles around the Xenarc I had, in every single way. Although it is obviously trans-reflective since it works well in direct sunlight, it does have bad glare from the touch screen in some viewing agles, and it's probably not nearly as good as the custom-built mp3car display, which I drewled over for quite a while...And still do. But my point is it doesn't take much to better the Xenarc, or at least the 700TSV that I had. Maybe mine was just a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by scottgs View Post
                Well I don't know too much about the various monitors out there, but I do know that I bought a dynamix 8" monitor for about 250 that absolutely runs circles around the Xenarc I had, in every single way. Although it is obviously trans-reflective since it works well in direct sunlight, it does have bad glare from the touch screen in some viewing agles, and it's probably not nearly as good as the custom-built mp3car display, which I drewled over for quite a while...And still do. But my point is it doesn't take much to better the Xenarc, or at least the 700TSV that I had. Maybe mine was just a bad one.
                Maybe my 700TSV was bad too, it always reset the brightness level and had other problems that really ticked me off! Not to mention the fact it was basically unreadable during the day or when sunlight hit it at all..

-Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X