SPLIT: LCD Identification question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPLIT: LCD Identification question

Sorry to hijack the thread but i have a very similar problem and it doesn't warrant starting another. I have a screen from the previous owner of my car that i have NO information on. All I know is that it has a cord with a male 9-pin coming out of it and another with a female end that looks to me sort of like an s-video in? but its all black, no gold. My problem is, I can attach the 9pin to my computer, but the screen still needs to be powered. There are no other places for me to run 12v or ground, nothing at all except those two cords coming out of the bottom. So how do I power my screen!?!? This is the last thing standing between me having a bunch of crap in my living room and a carpc.
    Please help out a Newb in Need

Originally posted by AutoFX View Post
    < SNIP >This is the last thing standing between me having a bunch of crap in my living room and a carpc.
    Please help out a Newb in Need
    Ha, I can relate. My wife wants it out of the house as much as I do, but for different reasons. I am also interesting in running off the same power supply if possible.

A computer helps you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history
    - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Comment

OK update, I took the back off the screen and it looks like that unknown cord contains 5 wires - Yellow, White, Red, Purple, Black - Is that CAT5? Does that mean this is how I will power the screen? Did I just have a breakthrough?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
      X