Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which lilliput is better? 619/629 vs EBY701?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which lilliput is better? 619/629 vs EBY701?

I was thinking about picking up either a Lilliput 619/629 or a EBY701. The stats seem similar between the two. Prices are about $50 more for the 619/629. Anyone have any suggestions? I just want a simple screen to get me started, but I don't want to be buying another screen 2 months from now.
    Does the EBY701 come with any cables, remote, or mounting hardware?

i have the eby 701 and it works great for me! Yes the eby701 comes with all accessories

Comment

I've had the 619 and the EBY.... The touchscreen seems to be more accurate on the 619, and I can also see the grid lines on the EBY-701. On the other hand, my 619 would get very hot and I had to install a fan over one of the chips to keep it from flaking out even though the board was bare, while the EBY-701 has had NO issues with heat and it's fully enclosed.
      DON'T PANIC.

Previous install pics in 2k3 S10

Project CarPc V2

Comment

Originally posted by stealinfool View Post
        I've had the 619 and the EBY.... The touchscreen seems to be more accurate on the 619, and I can also see the grid lines on the EBY-701. On the other hand, my 619 would get very hot and I had to install a fan over one of the chips to keep it from flaking out even though the board was bare, while the EBY-701 has had NO issues with heat and it's fully enclosed.
        The touchpanel on my EBY broke and Lilliput confirmed via email that the 619 and 701 touchpanels are the same with the exception of where the cable is located. That being said, maybe the touchcontroller is different if the 619 is in fact more accurate?

I have the 701 and like it. Color is good, looks sharp and has a nice picture on it. Auto-power on works too. Could have a better contrast ratio though. I think that's it's weakest point right there.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was about to buy a Phylon 70HTC from logicsupply, but I won a new 701 on ebay. For $130 I hope it works.

Comment

i have the 701 can't see jack during tthe day, and i have a tint

Comment

I received my 701 today. I must admit, I'm impressed. I was not expecting the quality for the price ($130+shipping on ebay). I've been playing with it for the last couple hours and I can't find much wrong with it.
              The screen is crisp and clear with my video set to 800x600. Touch screen works well. I'm going to take it for a test run tomorrow during my commute - I'll see how it holds up during the day.
              One thing that is mildly concerning is that while hooked up to my watt meter it draws .05 watts when in auto-off mode... probably not a big deal. I drive my car almost every day, occassionally leave it for a week or two for trips - shouldn't be an issue if I disconnect it when leaving for a while.

Still deciding on how/where to mount it in my car (2005 BMW 325i).

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...enarc-lcd.html

Comment

Originally posted by alpine18 View Post
                  One thing that is mildly concerning is that while hooked up to my watt meter it draws .05 watts when in auto-off mode... probably not a big deal. I drive my car almost every day, occassionally leave it for a week or two for trips - shouldn't be an issue if I disconnect it when leaving for a while.
                  Good price on that 701. It's hard to justify 5x more for a transflective. Anyways...

.05 watts, I wonder how much a single LED (such as car alarm) flashing burns. Or even worse, your car alarm going off (flashing your lights, etc).

I'm sure someone who is very familiar with power consumption can give you the need to worry or not.

Comment

Curious on how the lilliput holds up in the daylight... Lilliputs seem like a good start at a reasonable price... but I really don't want to regret not coughing up a bit more for something that doesn't **** me off everyday.

Comment

Any lilliput and any xenarc and any screen that is not transflective, will be very hard to read in the day time. Unless you want to spend $600 to $700, suck it up and live with it. The option exists though.
                      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I tried it in the car today. It was definitely "useable" - the text was not entirely clear during the day - screen was near impossible to read when the sun hits it directly - but I'm not staring at the screen while driving 100% of the time - I only need it to change a playlist or check my location - most of the time at a stoplight. $150 vs. $600 for transflective, I'll live with it. I have it mounted to the dash on the stock mount for temporary use - I'll probably spring for a double din bezel for my car since I got the screen so cheap. Having the screen mounted in the dash will probably improve usability even more.
                        Now, I've never seen/used a transflective screen in my car, so my opinion might change after doing so. But IMHO, the Lilliput 701 mounted on the dash during the day is definitely usable - probably more so when mounted double din in the dash.

Comment

what kind of car do you have? Depending on the location of the din and angle, you may end up with a HUGE amount of glare on the screen. Readable in sunlight yes...readable in glare...no. I have that problem in my Maxima right now. Working on ways around it, one being to try some 3M ARMR-200 anti-glare/reflection film. (btw, I have the 701 as well)

Comment

Its a BMW 325.
                            I have also noticed that glare/reflection off the interior is a huge issue. My interior is medium gray color, but the light reflects off it fairly well. Today I drove with the screen sitting at the bottom of the console just in front of the shift knob... the shift knob gets in the way of the screen at times, but that seems to be the best place to avoid glare.

Comment

Working...
                            X