Datalux question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datalux question

Well I guess it's not a datalux question but rather datalux related.

After getting off the phone today I found out that my LMV10R needs a 5 volt signal off the VGA not a 3.3. I was running the screen off of my laptop trying to get other things sorted out.. anyways my question.

Do most newer motherboards/video cards utilize a 3.3 or a 5 volt signal? I've read a lot about problems with compatibility because of voltages and am wondering if I am even going to get it to work in the car.

Oh... if I am running 3.3 volts and need 5 .. what should I do to rectify the situation?

BTW I'm waiting on a PSU right now and cannot test my current motherboard. So getting out the multimeter is not an option. I jst want to be prepared.

What exact problem are you having? I remember hearing this same line of bull**** from Datalux almost a year ago and I remember how I fixed it. If you are trying to use an extension cable with your Datalux LMV10R and it's not working, then you will need to either get a new Datalux LMV10R2, or get a vga amplifier which Belkin manufactures. It runs off of 9V though which isn't very convenient for a car. Additionally, if the screen won't power up at ALL, the vga amplifier would solve that problem too.

Comment

Well the problem I'm having is not due to an extention cable. I am using the exact cable it came with. I was told the unit worked perfectly when it left. IT was packaged MORE than adequatley...so I'm not saying it wasn't damaged... but it is unlikley.

I guess I'll try and get an amplifier and try that out. How much do those things run? I don't want to have to purchase one if I don't need to...

Comment

I'm fairly certain it will fix your problem. Try your monitor on a couple other video cards...like old ones like cirrus logic and stuff

Comment

will do.. thanks for the reply.

Hey back to one of my original questions. Id it the older or the newer VGA cards that operate off of 5 volts?

Comment

Older

Comment

I am having no luck finding a VGA amplifier that isn't 10 times the amplifier I need. I can't even find a belkin VGA amplifier at compusa or Best Buy... do you mind telling me where you got yours?

or... if I just got say maybe a S3 SAVAGE4 like you mentioned in another post would that do it? Like I said I'm NOT running any sort of extention cable here... just the factory supplied cables as everything is mounted under the passenger seat.

Comment

Well...let me think...

I got mine from Harmony Computers via pricewatch.com

Here is the info:

1 * 999183 (Belkin)(Belkin OmniView™ Monitor Extender F1D088 ) = $39.00

If you search for F1D088 you could probably find it fairly easily.

Comment

monitor extender... I see.... VGA Amplifier turned out a bunch of presentation style devices upwards of $150 (to $450) I was really hoping I didn't have to shell out the cash for one of those.. but thank you again. And what if I had an old video card? Would that benifit me @ all. Say if I used it in lieu of the "monitor extender?"

Or would I be screwing myself as far as graphics and video playback?

Comment

http://cablesnmor.com/monitor-splitter.html

Cable distance from splitter to each monitor is up to 245 feet (75 meters).
                    I Use them at work. Beautiful image quality. This or the belkin should eliminate any distance related problems.

$42.00

Comment

I see now... but if I can get away with buying an older 5 volt card:

(A) will it work?
                      and
                      (B) will it work for $10 as opposed to $50 for the amplifier?

just curious as I'm going to order something tonight. I just need to know if the older card would work... then I'd order it.

Comment

Once again it is NOT a distance related problem. The supplied 3 foot (or so) cable is ALL that I'm using.

Originally posted by rammic

http://cablesnmor.com/monitor-splitter.html

I Use them at work. Beautiful image quality. This or the belkin should eliminate any distance related problems.

$42.00

Comment

All i can tell you is from my experience
                          and in my experience, 2 things fixed my problems with the LMV10R

A) Using an older video card, like a voodoo3, savage4, cirrus logic, etc

B) using the vga extender

Comment

Oops... Shame on me for not reading all the posts. I'll shut up and mind my place now.

Comment

no.. no problem @ all.. I do the same thing... I was just trying to prevent all the distance related solutions that were sure to follow

Comment

Working...
                              X