Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCD touchscreen - anyone know this item?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD touchscreen - anyone know this item?

http://www.sandecell.com/?item=PT%2D718TS&VID=1

Is it good for carpc? I mean I cant find any description about this monitor esspecially for does it have a VGA port?

No VGA port, only RCA composite. Image quality will suffer as a result.

Also, the touchscreen won't work with a PC.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Well I'm very sad to hera that, it has a very good price.

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
      No VGA port, only RCA composite. Image quality will suffer as a result.

Also, the touchscreen won't work with a PC.

Comment

For $45 more you can get an 8" here
        Carputer Project Status:
        0% - Mobo died on 2/17/08
        Check out the worklog for my '01 Pathfinder.

Comment

$899 retail price my *** :P

Comment

initiale: don't skimp, you'll just have to spend the money again. You can get a 7" touchscreen VGA no name brand for under $200 (check ebay). Composite is not an option if you intend to be able to read text.
            EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

that's a piece of crap!!

1440x234 resolution is a lie, a "dot" on a monitor is actually three dots = Red, Green, Blue... the 1440 is 480 times 3... so this is 234x480... don't expect text to be legible, I mean even subtitles. 234 lines of resolution is less than VCR quality, less than your tube tv...

the MINIMUM is a 480 line monitor, with VGA input - otherwise it is ONLY good for video playback. No navigation and you won't even be able to read the file names without blowing the text up 10X...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lilliput-EBY701-...QQcmdZViewItem
              this monitor is $190 shipped... name brand, VGA, touch screen... would you really try to save $70 on something that is guaranteed to be crap??
              EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

Working...
              X