No announcement yet.

How should i go about...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should i go about...

Hello all, this is my first post here on the forums. Just thought to let yall know i like them alot. Now to my question:

I finally found a good place to put my LCD, but how should i go about coverup the circuit board, and other parts showing?

another picture here:

Thanks for yalls help!

all i can say is that if you do that right, it should look incredible.

first, what materials/methods do you have access to, and how do you want it to look. Perhaps constructing a frame for it out of wood, and then to match the interior - stain it, paint it, or wrap it in vynl. I know it seems like a long time, but if you want to wait till december, I will have access to the laser cutter/engraver then, so I would be happy to help you out in any way possible.

the other option is fiberglass, and there are a fair number of people here who have used fiberglass - however unless you already have some experience with it, it could be tough..
    Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
    Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
    Player: Empeg for now; something custom later. - Custom built laptops!

Go to your hardware store and pick up some of that rubber wall base board, (I think they call it "wallbase"). It comes in gray and black. The strip has about 6" of flat area and a nice even taper that can be used to make a pretty nice frame.

Not perfect, but it looks alright, IMO.
      Don't Click

ok, Thanks for the help. I'll see what kind of materials i can get hold of. And let yall know waht i decide.

Thanks again for yalls ideas