Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc 705TSV Review with **PICS**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xenarc 705TSV Review with **PICS**

    Okay, just warning everyone that i will be reviewing the new Xenarc 705TSV that i got from **** today

    should be here in a week or two

    be patient !!
    **My Worklog**

  • #2
    ^ False advertising!
    :P I mean that there is no review or pics!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RSXelrate View Post
      ^ False advertising!
      lol, sorry, it looks like one indeed (website URL removed)

      **My Worklog**

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RSXelrate View Post
        :P I mean that there is no review or pics!
        soon, just be patient (dont )
        **My Worklog**

        Comment


        • #5
          funny to see this thread coming first after googling "705tsv review"
          **My Worklog**

          Comment


          • #6
            this is retarded. the op obviously just wants to brag that he has a 705tsv coming in rather than actually wanting to contribute a review to the community.

            threads like this need to be deleted and their op's need to be waterboarded.

            Comment


            • #7
              Over anxious maybe, but I wouldn't convict of just wanting to brag.

              If he was saying he got a transflective Xenarc then never posted pics, then sure.

              What's to brag about over a 705? It's statistically not as good as the 700tsv...

              Anyways, two weeks arrival time isn't for a few more days. Then install time might be a bit more. Give it/him some time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DarkMastyr View Post
                this is retarded. the op obviously just wants to brag that he has a 705tsv coming in rather than actually wanting to contribute a review to the community.

                threads like this need to be deleted and their op's need to be waterboarded.
                12 posts so far and already writing useless stuff !

                BRAVO BRAVO to you (with the Italian accent)

                Originally posted by Phatsacks View Post
                Over anxious maybe, but I wouldn't convict of just wanting to brag.

                If he was saying he got a transflective Xenarc then never posted pics, then sure.

                What's to brag about over a 705? It's statistically not as good as the 700tsv...

                Anyways, two weeks arrival time isn't for a few more days. Then install time might be a bit more. Give it/him some time.
                correct, nothing to brag about that low entry monitor, this thread is here to let everyone know that a review+pic is coming so that they can make the best choice in buying their next monitor

                thats all, screen should be here tomorrow or after tomorrow, ill shut my mouth until then
                **My Worklog**

                Comment


                • #9
                  Trust me when I tell you that the 705TSV is nothing to brag about. :P

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kevin_S View Post
                    Trust me when I tell you that the 705TSV is nothing to brag about. :P
                    i hear you. That is why i'll finnish this review to state the pros and cons ! (the way you put it sound like this screen is full garbage, not at all !! a few drawback ive seen so far but everything else is all good to me)

                    just need to play with it a few more weeks before posting my thoughts
                    **My Worklog**

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We're all anxiously awaiting your review! Chop chop!

                      As for me, I had some PREVIOUS GRIPES (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...v-monitor.html) about the resolution and scaling. After having it in my car a few days here's what I've found:

                      GOOD STUFF:
                      * No problems with glare on the screen
                      * Excellent brightness level, clearly visible in all lighting situtations except direct sunlight
                      * Decent and consistent touch response (fingernail tap required, doesn't respond well to plain finger press but I think that's common in touch screens)

                      STUFF THAT WILL MAKE YOU MAD:
                      * Touchkit software fails to re-detect touchscreen after returning from hibernation. A reboot solves this or I hear closing and reopening Touchkit (haven't tried that yet) works too. Also power off monitor before hibernation and power up after returning from hibernation works.
                      * Bad results in below ~25 degree temperature. It's freezing cold in the morning and I get transparent blue vertical lines until things warm up. Not too much of a problem since the specs say 23 degrees is the lowest operational temperature.
                      * As previously mentioned, it will not display dot-for-dot 800x480 even if your video card supports that resolution. It will take 800x480 signal, scale it down to 640x480, then stretch, distort, and ruin it back into 800x480.
                      * Doesn't mount easily with Pyle PLGN-19 gooseneck mount. The metal tab that slides into the back slot of the monitor for mounting is too thick and doesn't fit. You have to file it down thinner to get it to slide in. Not sure if this is a Pyle or Xenarc problem but it sucks either way.

                      Overall I think this thing would be a great product if it was not for the idiotic feature that prevents it from displaying dot-for-dot 800x480. Even if it is the "cheap" model, it still costs $300 and I don't think that's a good excuse. Prior to this I had never heard of an LCD display that was incapable of displaying dot-for-dot in its native resolution.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        by the time the screen arrives, this thread is filled with offtopic text, so you'll need a new thread anyway.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vull View Post
                          by the time the screen arrives, this thread is filled with offtopic text, so you'll need a new thread anyway.
                          don't worry, the original post will be edited with my review

                          Thanks to Kevin_S for his review, i will do mine the same way with picture added

                          ps: ill finnish the carputer this week-end if weather allow (Vancouver sucks, 80% is rain rain rain
                          **My Worklog**

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kevin_S View Post
                            We're all anxiously awaiting your review! Chop chop!

                            As for me, I had some PREVIOUS GRIPES (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...v-monitor.html) about the resolution and scaling. After having it in my car a few days here's what I've found:

                            GOOD STUFF:
                            * No problems with glare on the screen
                            * Excellent brightness level, clearly visible in all lighting situtations except direct sunlight
                            * Decent and consistent touch response (fingernail tap required, doesn't respond well to plain finger press but I think that's common in touch screens)

                            STUFF THAT WILL MAKE YOU MAD:
                            * Touchkit software fails to re-detect touchscreen after returning from hibernation. A reboot solves this or I hear closing and reopening Touchkit (haven't tried that yet) works too. Also power off monitor before hibernation and power up after returning from hibernation works.
                            * Bad results in below ~25 degree temperature. It's freezing cold in the morning and I get transparent blue vertical lines until things warm up. Not too much of a problem since the specs say 23 degrees is the lowest operational temperature.
                            * As previously mentioned, it will not display dot-for-dot 800x480 even if your video card supports that resolution. It will take 800x480 signal, scale it down to 640x480, then stretch, distort, and ruin it back into 800x480.
                            * Doesn't mount easily with Pyle PLGN-19 gooseneck mount. The metal tab that slides into the back slot of the monitor for mounting is too thick and doesn't fit. You have to file it down thinner to get it to slide in. Not sure if this is a Pyle or Xenarc problem but it sucks either way.

                            Overall I think this thing would be a great product if it was not for the idiotic feature that prevents it from displaying dot-for-dot 800x480. Even if it is the "cheap" model, it still costs $300 and I don't think that's a good excuse. Prior to this I had never heard of an LCD display that was incapable of displaying dot-for-dot in its native resolution.
                            got some great news in my mailbox today from Xenarc, here it is

                            I got a great news for you. Our engineers have been working together with the chipset manufacturer’s engineers since December. Now they have tuned the chipset so that 800x480 could be displayed clearly. I will receive a sample by the end of the week. Once that is approved, we’ll update all the firmware to the new one. When that happens, I will be more than happy to exchange your unit for you so that it takes 800x480.

                            Regards,



                            Jimmy Hu
                            Amazing support, looking forward to replace the fixed resolution LCD (they will cover one way shipping)
                            **My Worklog**

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X