TSV-700-B observatuions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSV-700-B observatuions

I have a 700-tsv 5 wire edition bought earlier in the year which i recently upgraded to 3M.

My buddy just bought the 2008 model from the store here, and we had a chance to compare.

Holy crap is it bright, it's brighter than my upgraded monitor.

And to my SURPRISE. His nvidia based NB, and my radeon both set to 800x480 on the first shot (using power strip). It even reports "800x480" on power up. This confirms the older models reporting "640x480" is indeed a hardware bug.

Also in it's native res it's REALLY clear.. Fonts looks perfect.

As soon as the sun comes out we'll post some pics.

I didn't think the new version was really that different. I might sell mine and get one of these..

Stav

Subscribing for pics

Comment

Pics

Here they are;

If it had an anti-glare coating (too bad 3m sent me a 2"x2" sample of ARMR-200). I am sure it would be much better, as some of the glare is our faces is reflecting in the glass.

Not transflective, but not bad at all.

Stav
      Attached Files

Comment

What hardware are you using?

Comment

This a nvidia based toshiba (7600go), it also worked with my radeon mobility 9000 both using powerstrip..

Comment

Xenarc got back to me today stating that the older 700TSV models take 800x480 but the on screen display will only show 800x600. They assured me that the screen is still showing its native format. To be honest, I don't buy that but then again, I have no way of finding out as I can't even get 800x600 to show up on the OSD at that resolution.

Comment

I call BS too, the fonts look 100x clearer on the newer model..

Comment

Well, after messing around with the Biostar drivers I think I got it to work. It looks like the monitor doesn't in fact report the native resolution. Mine is reporting 600x480 or whatever but appears to be the proper resolution. Circles are circles and whatnot. I did have to do some font resizing on Windows which I think might be a problem with the way they layer font shadows but as of now I think it's at the native res. I'll mess with it more over the next few days and post if anything changes. I'd love to play with powerstrip some more but apparently the trial on it is only good for a few days and I'm not about to reformat my OS to get more time to mess with it.

Comment

Mine does the exact same thing.. 640x480, i used the powerstrip settings in the FAQ on xenarc's site.

We got the 2008 model working in 30 seconds, I spent like 4-5 hours messing with mine (drivers, powerstrip, etc).

i am dumping it, ordered a newer model..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJ View Post
                    Xenarc got back to me today stating that the older 700TSV models take 800x480 but the on screen display will only show 800x600. They assured me that the screen is still showing its native format. To be honest, I don't buy that but then again, I have no way of finding out as I can't even get 800x600 to show up on the OSD at that resolution.
                    I don't know what they call "older" ones, but on my 1.5 year old 700TSV osd report resolution correct: 800x480/60Hz (Nvidia 6100 and Intel 945GM).

Comment

i have a 4 year old, a 3 year old, and a 2 year old 700tsv's which all show 800x480 on the osd. if it does not report the resolution correctly it is not detecting and locking onto the resolution. When it is not locked on, circles will appear like circles but there is still some scaling that is occuring which makes things like text look blurry. when the screen locks onto 800x480 everything will look much better. try playing with resolution settings in powerstrip until it shows 800x480 on the osd.
                      my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
                      wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
                      company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

Thanks Kuo, I'll keep messing with it. Right now the screen is in pieces as I fab my bezel. Hopefully I can get it to work.

Comment

Maybe there was a bad batch...

Mine didn't work at all and I am pretty good with powerstrip (LCD tv's can be a pain).

Several threads on this board and xenarcs are reporting the same thing, resolution looks about right but reports 640x480.

If i had had one to compare it to, i would have sent it back..

Comment

on the older xenarc's the powerstrip settings for 800x480 from xenarc's faq worked, but for the newest xenarc that i have which has a hitachi panel in it, i had to bump the refresh up to 64 before it took.
                            my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
                            wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
                            company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

which 3m upgrades did you perform on your older xenarc? any side by sides?

Comment

Working...
                              X