800x480 on a transflective lilliput?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800x480 on a transflective lilliput?

i just received my transflective yesterday and spent all last night putting it in the car. i tried every setting i could find on this forum but did not get any results. is this a lost cause? has anyone gotten their lilliput to display 800x480 and have the OSD report 800x480?

i have read everything i could find on getting the 7" lilliput to display 800x480 correctly. there were some people that said they got their lilliput screen to detect it and show 800x480 on the OSD but with the settings posted so far i have not had any luck. this guy claimed he did it by setting to 800x600 and then using powerstrip reduce the 600 down to 480.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/769046-post388.html

tried it...didn't work. OSD still showed 640x480 and display was blurry.

i am using powerstrip and i can output 800x480 from my video card but the lilliput detects the resolution as 640x480 and the image is a little blurry. i had a xenarc 700tsv that could correctly display 800x480 and the image was nice and sharp. the settings that worked for the xenarc does not work for the lilliput.

why can't transflectives be made from xenarcs... speaking of which, i read somewhere on this forum where a guy used the xenarc 700tsv controller board with the transflective lilliput lcd and touch panel. i tried using my 3 year old xenarc controller board but all i got was a weird white/greyish speckled image so i guess mine is too old and not compatible.

can anyone offer any advice? thanks in advance.
    my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
    wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
    company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Just watching this thread because I'm in the same boat with my transflective Lilliput. Not that it looks bad at 800x600 but I'm sure it would look clearer at the native resolution.

BTW, which video card did you try to use that had 800x480 out? I was going to buy a cheap nVidia card to see if it worked.
    Action figures sold separately

Comment

Why would the transflective be different from regular?

In nvidia add a custom resolution of 800x480 it takes 10 seconds and you are done. (Just right click and go into the nvidia control panel).
      My Install

Comment

Originally posted by kuo View Post
        ...why can't transflectives be made from xenarcs... ....
        I have no knowledge of this site - good, bad or otherwise - I just stumbled on it & they advertise a transflective Xenarc. You might have to click on the store, then on the transflective link, I can't seem to get a link that goes straight there.

http://www.motorcitytech.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sxott View Post

In nvidia add a custom resolution of 800x480 it takes 10 seconds and you are done. (Just right click and go into the nvidia control panel).
          Do you have a Lilliput display and have you done this to confirm it works?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TMF View Post
            BTW, which video card did you try to use that had 800x480 out? I was going to buy a cheap nVidia card to see if it worked.
            i am using an old ati radeon 7200.

Comment

Originally posted by sxott View Post

my video card can output 800x480. the issue is that the lilliput doesn't accept it as 800x480. the osd reports 640x480 and the image displayed is blurry. this would indicate that the lilliput is not locking onto the resolution correctly.

Comment

i am using an old ati radeon 7200.
                Was 800x480 a nativ resolution for the card or did you have to use PowerStrip to get it to do that? If it is the latter, that may be the problem?

Comment

There are no "native" resolutions for a card. They are supposed to output in various resolutions and timings. Only LCDs, which are made up of dots, have a native resolution (the number of dots).

Anyways, there are more than one 800x480. You'll probably need to play around with the timings. Change the length of the front and back porch, change the pixel clock, etc. Xenarc and Lilliput use different screens, so the timings for one does not work for the other, even if both are displaying 800x480.
                  Gen 1: Pentium 3 1GHz - ATX - 2005
                  Gen 2: Pentium M 1.6GHz - ITX - 2006
                  Gen 3: Pentium M 2.0GHz - 5.25" SBC - 2007
                  Gen 4: (coming soon: Core2 Duo - 3.5" SBC - 2009)
                  ...it never ends

Comment

i'm using powerstrip. i hadn't considered it but i have an nvidia geforce 5200 in another computer at home. i will try that tonight but i'm not sure it will make a difference.

Comment

what i would really like to know is if someone has actually got 800x480 working correctly with a lilliput. maybe it's just not possible and trying all of these different settings in vain. can anyone confirm that they are getting 800x480 showing on the osd of the lilliput?

Comment

why can't transflectives be made from xenarcs...
                        Motorcity tech has a wide variety of monitors with the transflective upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJ View Post
                          I hope this is not upgraded!
                          Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJ View Post
                            are those images from motorcity or did you buy a transflective xenarc and take pictures of it yourself? i've been in touch with duayn from motorcity and he has been very helpful. from what he's told me so far, motocity's transflective xenarcs do not have an upgraded touch panel. below is part of the email he sent me.

"ARMR Anti Refelctive film is applied to the touch screen.
                            I do not replace the touch screens in the Xenarc monitors. They are already Anti Glare from the factory and adding the ARMR provides a suitable glare reduction."

does anyone know why a xenarc controller board would not be compatible with a lilliput lcd? i was thinking that if my old xenarc could do 800x480 correctly, then if i took the controller board and used it with the transflective lilliput lcd and touch panel, the i'd have it made but when i tried it all i got was some white/grey speckled crap.

also, i tried upgrading my agp video card from an ati 7200 to a geforce fx 5200 and added a custom resolution using the nvidia control panel, but still no success with 800x480 on the lilliput. so far no one has stepped forward to say that they have 800x480 detected correctly by their lilliput screen. i am starting to think the lilliput just isn't capable of locking onto it's own native resolution which is the suck.

Comment

I took those pictures myself. That's the middle of the summer at noon in AZ. As you can tell by the washed out shadows of that deck the sun is pretty much pounding that screen. I doubt a car will ever get that bad. The first pic is with all the doors and windows of my office open and light hitting the screen. How it compares to the Lilliputs here I don't know. Motorcity told me the process of upgrading was the same as MP3cars so without anyone else offering pictures or info I figured I'd take a chance and get another screen if it didn't work out. I'm still a few weeks away from actually getting it in the car. FWIW it looks a lot better in person than it does in that pic. To be honest I went with motorcity because I didn't want to do any more business with MP3car and Duayn was the only other option at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X